Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

loose bowels - sorry if tmi

(9 Posts)
MummyToToby Sun 04-Jun-06 23:54:20

i've been having this since yday and have heard it normally means labour is a bout a week or so away. just wondering how true this is or if it could be much longer away than that?

bramblina Tue 06-Jun-06 11:11:35

I have heard that lots. I get a touch of that around my period, only slightly but it does make me believe that it could be hormonal! Good luck!!

LIZS Tue 06-Jun-06 11:20:04

How many weeks are you ? Ds was born about a day later !

YellowFeathers Tue 06-Jun-06 11:25:04

MTT, I have been having this on and off for a couple of weeks but I'm only 30 weeks pg.

When I had my dd that is how my labour started off. A sudden bout of diarreah and throwing up for about a couple of hours, it settled and then the contractions started!

Good luck

PrettyCandles Tue 06-Jun-06 11:28:51

Not necessarily. I've never had it before labour, but had it on and off throughout pregnancy - I assume because of my cravings for salads. Still, if you're term or near there, it wouldn't do any harm to be prepared!

MummyToToby Tue 06-Jun-06 20:12:21

i keep throwing up as well. had pains yesterday but they have gone now. probably just to do with the diarrhoea.

Miaou Tue 06-Jun-06 20:20:16

I had diarrhoea just before I went into labour with dd1 and dd2. I didn't with ds, which was a shame, because I had a waterbirth so you can guess what happened

SomethingAboutMary Tue 06-Jun-06 20:21:49

I had this with both of mine & went into labour within 24 hrs, goodluck how far are you?

compo Tue 06-Jun-06 20:23:10

loose bowels and throwing up was how it all started with ds. Had him within 24 hoursw of starting to throw up. Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: