Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

question about induction

(5 Posts)
Kayshields Wed 03-Jul-13 22:11:00

I've been told that im being induced at 38 weeks wich I am very happy about as I lost my first baby through labour at 41 weeks, but since the last time was so horrific I wanted to try a birth pool because I heard it's less painful and quicker. But will they let me have a water birth being on high risk and induced?

ForTheLoveOfSocks Wed 03-Jul-13 22:19:25

Hi Kay

I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that experience must have felt like.

I was induced with my DD, as her growth had slowed down. So I went from low risk to high risk in about an hour.

It all depends on the hospital rules. When I had DD water births were only permitted for low risk labours. The reason being is the need for constant monitoring, which can't be achieved in a waterbirth.

I hope it all goes well flowers

Kayshields Wed 03-Jul-13 22:23:44

Thank you smile I hope I can use the birth pool but either way as long as I get my baby girl this time I will be grateful.

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 03-Jul-13 22:55:34

Hi, I was high risk and induced early. I was told no to the birth pool as you need a lot of monitoring with induction.
I do think each hospital is different though. Ask your midwife who can find out for you if she doesn't know already.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and the birth.

mikkii Wed 03-Jul-13 23:05:37

I was also induced with DS, if the pessaries had worked a water birth might have been possible but as I needed a syntocinon (?) drip it wasn't possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now