Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 week meltdown - going loopy

(12 Posts)
Queazy Tue 02-Jul-13 12:55:07

Just posted under 'childbirth' by accident - gives an indication of where my head is at today....

I honestly just reported my car as stolen, called my husband in his new job to tell him (all crying). Decided to meet the police at my home nearby, and as walking back realised I'd parked it two roads further down. I'd been at a physio appointment and now just cried so much in the supermarket that I'm going back to bed rather than back to work today!

I'm only 32 weeks...do I have 8 weeks more of being this crazy?! I can handle sleeping upright, SPD, people asking if I'm having twins (no) but public humiliation and hysteria is really testing me....

Just wanted to share and see if anyone else has had a meltdown moment, or am I peaking a bit soon?!?!?!

xx

Gingerbreadpixie Tue 02-Jul-13 13:15:45

Hang in there Queazy. I cried in the middle of a busy waiting room in the hospital last week for no real reason. And also broke down sobbing when I realised we'd run out of mayonnaise at home one day last week. I too am 32 weeks. Hug!

Queazy Tue 02-Jul-13 13:16:55

Oh thank you gingerbreadpixie, I just can't bear the thought of a similar meltdown at work!! Not long to go I guess smile x

Gingerbreadpixie Tue 02-Jul-13 13:21:02

I went on mat leave early but can imagine being at work when feeling so emotional could be pretty overwhelming. But it's your hormones and you can't help it! Not long to go indeed smile x

Champagnebubble Tue 02-Jul-13 13:29:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Champagnebubble Tue 02-Jul-13 13:30:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Queazy Wed 03-Jul-13 07:03:29

I think commuting in early pregnancy was more hormone filled than it is now, so completely understand your reaction to the typical rudeness on the trains! I'm struggling to get through my very political workplace but taking a day at a time - ticking off each day. I hadn't expected this level of mood swings x

IBelieveInPink Wed 03-Jul-13 07:35:27

I can completely sympathise. My work place has some very, Erm, testing characters. Unfortunately these are the directors of the company so I can't just ignore them. I ended up in an all out email war with 2 of them last week, brought me close to breakdown!! several people looked very concerned that I may be about to pop!
And what was their problem? They were bitter because I had been told I was allowed to park the 'directors only' car park. I'm 20 wks pg ffs!!
Hang in there ladies, It will all be worth it in the end smile

babyhmummy01 Wed 03-Jul-13 08:47:47

Queazy am 33 +3 and a complete emotional wreck. I burst into tears in the middle of a busy roundabout cos some twat cut me up, welled up in the supermarket cos they didn't have the diced chicken in stock (raw meat sets of my HG so can't cut it up) and cried in the middle of town cos they were playing some randomly sad song in the shopping precinct.

Hormones are a complete bitch! I have been in tears at home over every daft thing, DSC's leaving stuff on floor, DP not putting his pants in the wash basket has caused a major meltdown...6.5 weeks cannot come soon enough!!!

SourSweets Wed 03-Jul-13 11:33:46

Oh dear! I'm 35 weeks and am finding that the hormones seem to be tapering off a bit. The nesting has kicked in instead so as long as I keep busy and don't watch any RSPCA or funeralcare adverts on TV I'm alright! It's totally normal for you to go a bit bonkers, and you'll probably get lots of sympathetic knowing looks from new mums! X

parttimer79 Wed 03-Jul-13 12:06:20

At 30 weeks I cried because a woman on a train was rude to me. I cried because I couldn't find the nutella and thought DP had hidden it on a high shelf.

I'm 34 +5 now and getting more forgetful but much less weepy. In fact I am so chilled and zen that DP thinks the real me has been abducted by aliens. (apart from when I was driving yesterday and called someone a cock-weasel for cutting me up at a roundabout....then he was reassured normal me is in there somewhere)

Queazy Wed 03-Jul-13 20:13:01

Thank god for you guys and mumsnet...thank you smile After crying last night because I made a cake and it was too big, so I thought it would go to waste (yes really, I know it's heartbreaking stuff), it's really heartening to hear others have experienced similar over marmite, roundabouts and rude commuters. I really feel for you with the email exchange too - I just don't have the energy to withstand the office politics at the moment. We will get there, but I'm so glad to hear I'm not going mad. It's quite scary when I completely flip...I have no sense of how irrational I'm being. Roll on the due date smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now