Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal to get BH contractions at 25 weeks???

(8 Posts)
intergalacticwalrus Sat 03-Jun-06 12:50:27

Have been having Braxton Hicks contractions now for about 2 weeks or so, and they are getting stronger and stronger. They drive me mad!!!! They are quite uncomfortable. I don't remember getting them until right at the end of my pregnancy with ds. I just wasn't sure whether is was a normal thing to happen this early or not.

Any ideas?

ShowOfHands Sat 03-Jun-06 12:53:10

It happens, especially with second and subsequent pregnancies. My bf had Braxton Hicks from 26 weeks, very strong, right until 40+9. Probably not what you want to hear.

You could get checked out if you're worried, but if it is just BHs they'll tell you to take paracetamol and rest. Cure for all ills when you're pregnant, no?

intergalacticwalrus Sat 03-Jun-06 12:55:03

lol! Yes, rest. What's that?

Thank you for your reassurance!

bottersnike Sat 03-Jun-06 12:57:30

I had BH with ds2 from about 19 weeks! They were strong enough that I had to stop what I was doing. I did hear that it can help to make sure you're drinking enough water, as dehydration can make them stronger, but that might just be an old wives' tale.
They are completely normal, don't worry!

blueteddy Sat 03-Jun-06 12:59:23

Message withdrawn

slinkstah Sat 03-Jun-06 16:59:33

i had BH in last pg from around 20 weeks and they weren't normal as they were making changes to my cervix.
always get checked out if your worried, especially if the BH are regular or getting stronger.

scienceteacher Sat 03-Jun-06 17:02:41

Yep, I remember having strong BH ctx very early on - around 25 weeks in my 3rd+ pregnancies.

All my babies were born at 40 weeks plus 0 - 2 days.

kayzed Sat 03-Jun-06 17:34:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: