Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.


(3 Posts)
MorelloKiss Thu 27-Jun-13 20:37:51

Hi all,

Does anyone know where there is a list of all the paperwork needed before and after a birth, or if there isn't one can we create one?

I think pre birth you need:
Mat B1
FW8 to apply for a Maternity exemption certificate

After birth:
Register at local office or during hospital stay (within 42 days) to get Birth Certificate
Child benifit form (even for those who don't qualify for any. I think!?)
Passport, a good 6 weeks before you want to travel

I have just stumbled across these really, are there more?


AnythingNotEverything Thu 27-Jun-13 20:43:36

With child benefit, even if you don't want the money (due to a higher rate tax payer in the family), you still ought to claim it, but opt out of receiving payments, as that way you still get your NI/pension stamps while you're not working.

That was a loooooooong sentence. Sorry.

MorelloKiss Thu 27-Jun-13 20:49:33

Ah yes, that is right, I knew there was a reason for it!


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: