Talk

Advanced search

Do sonographers actually do this?

(11 Posts)
KirjavaTheCat Wed 26-Jun-13 13:45:10

OH can't make it to my 20 week scan because his boss is a dickhead of a mix-up with holiday and understaffing.

He's really disappointed that we won't be finding out the gender together. I said I'd ask if the sonographer to write the gender down and put it in an enveloped that we could open together when he gets in from work.

Do they actually do that? I've read threads in which people get them to do that, and it's fine. Will the sonographer just look at me like hmm?

Ragusa Wed 26-Jun-13 13:46:53

There's no harm in asking. I bet it won't be the first time they've been asked and it seems reasonable to me.

Woodifer Wed 26-Jun-13 13:47:50

maybe take an envelope with you

SparklyStone Wed 26-Jun-13 13:49:12

They did it for me! I'm sure it's really common x

BoysRule Wed 26-Jun-13 13:50:39

I know loads of people who have had that done for them. Friends of mine got it written down and never looked. Other friends had it written down and only one looked.

Definitely ask.

BerthaTheBogCleaner Wed 26-Jun-13 13:50:59

Take the paper & envelope with you.

But have you got anyone else to go to the scan with you instead? Just because the purpose of the scan is to check that everything is ok, and if it isn't you might need support.

Persuasion Wed 26-Jun-13 13:51:21

I know someone who did this and the sonographer was apparently fine with it. I guess it's pretty dependent on the individual though. If you take an envelope and a piece of paper I would think you improve your chances.

KirjavaTheCat Wed 26-Jun-13 13:59:10

I'm going to ask my brother to come. We have a 3yo that will need supervising/entertaining so I can't go alone. I'm really hoping there'll be no nasty surprises, can't imagine OH not being there for that sad

Glad that it seems to be a common request. I'll definitely take my own envelope smile

LittleNoona Wed 26-Jun-13 14:00:39

They did it for my brother and his partner smile

thethreeblondies Wed 26-Jun-13 14:04:42

Mine suggested it herself! We were still debating whether to find out or not as we entered the scan! I just wanted to make sure everything was ok and DH wanted to know so he can plan the redecoration of bedrooms! 3 1/2 weeks on we still haven't opened the envelope! grin

BerthaTheBogCleaner Wed 26-Jun-13 15:01:41

Kirjava, I'm sure you will be fine. Always good to have some backup though!

Threeblondies - do you find yourselves sitting looking at the envelope? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now