Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Very early signs of pregnancy

(10 Posts)
blackbirdatglanmore Tue 25-Jun-13 20:33:18

I am not due to test for another 2 weeks, but have absolutely loads of cervical mucus. I know this could be a sign of ovulation but I don't think I've ever had his much before.

Could this be a sign? Really praying it is ...

Racheld33 Tue 25-Jun-13 20:38:56

Hi blackbird

I know everyone is different, but this is my 2nd pregnancy, and with both I had unbelievable amounts of cervical mucous 5 days post ovulation, and none stop since then. I knew this time I was pregnant because of it, so definitely an early sign for me!

Good luck x

blackbirdatglanmore Tue 25-Jun-13 20:41:07

Thank you! It might be a little bit too early - only dtd yesterday but it would just be a dream come true so I'm desperately hanging into anything. I honestly don't ever remember having this much mucus before! Feel like I cold open my own glue factory!

Rockchick1984 Tue 25-Jun-13 23:32:19

Blackbird fingers crossed it is your month but if you have only just DTD there's no way you are pregnant yet - it can take up to 10 days for the fertilised egg to implant which will trigger hormones that cause the symptoms. The earliest it's possible to get symptoms would be about a week after you ovulated, and that's relying on you having an egg that implants super fast.

Futterby Tue 25-Jun-13 23:45:15

Was that really necessary, Rockchick? Leave her be.

Best of luck to you blackbird flowers I had tons of cm with mine too smile

blackbirdatglanmore Wed 26-Jun-13 07:29:33

Oh no, it's OK - it really helps to know this stuff. It is my first time trying blush

Could there be another reason for excessive ECM then? I know it's a sign of ovulation but I really have never had quite as much before and also I shouldn't be quite ready to ovulate yet!

sunflowered Wed 26-Jun-13 07:56:55

blackbird I think the ewcm ramps up a day or two before you're due to ov which might be why you feel it's too early.

Or (sorry for tmi...) you said you dtd recently. I found that confused things for a day or so iykwim.

MushiMushi Wed 26-Jun-13 08:08:35

Futterby I'm a little confused. What Rockchick said is true, so why shouldn't she have said it? You do know that 'early signs of pregnancy' are impossible until after implantation? So trying to look for signs 1 DPO is completely futile. Not sure why you want to contribute to the illusion, it doesn't help anyone. In fact surely it's more painful when you convince yourself that you're pregnant when all you're experiencing is normal PMT symptoms confused

OP if you're due in 2 weeks then I'd have said lots of cervical mucus is ovulation rather than a sign of pregnancy. But that's a good sign, so get dtd! Good luck.

Rockchick1984 Wed 26-Jun-13 08:55:19

Flutterby maybe you would post on a public forum and ask a question without really wanting to know the answer but the majority of people wouldn't ask for advice if they simply wanted a pat on the head and told misinformation. Blackbird asked if it was a sign so I answered her truthfully - I personally was a nightmare for symptom spotting when TTC and would have been gutted to find out that someone had built my hopes up by lying to me hmm

blackbirdatglanmore Wed 26-Jun-13 16:53:29

Sunflowersed, that explains it 'cause it had dried up today. It was just so out of the ordinary and I so desperately want to be pregnant I was like someone said driving myself mad with symptom spotting!

It was only day 13 of my cycle anyway. Massive apologies, this should have been in conception I suppose, sorry for the gate crash ladies! Hope to be joining you soon! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: