Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Brown blood in early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
sleepcrisis Mon 24-Jun-13 08:00:45

Hi,

I'm aware it is very very early days ( between 4-5wks) but I never had any bleeding in last pregnancy.

Last night there was a tiny smear of pink in my cm, then this morning there was a smear of dry brown blood, and more when I wiped. Not enough to wear a pad.

Am totally freaking out.

What now?

Thanks
sad

blondebaby111 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:23:39

I had this when I first found out I was pregnant, I thought af was coming early and it was because of the spotting that made me test. It lasted for about 4 days, never got any heavier, brown or pink blood is normal. I'm now 11 weeks, getting nervous and excited about scan nxt week.

Congratulations, it sounds like an implantation bleed flowers

mrspaddy Mon 24-Jun-13 08:27:10

hello.. try not to worry... it is old blood. I had it up to 12 weeks. It was my only 'symptom' and I would have preferred sickness.. I know what a worry it is. Have you cramping? If you do get straight to EPU..

LouiseD29 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:33:42

Hi OP, don't panic - it sounds pretty normal. I had odd bits of blood on and off between 6-14/15 weeks, as well as cramping. Am now 33 weeks and all is well. There's a very good chance it's implantation bleeding which a lot of women get.

Keep an eye on it and if it gets heavier or painful, or if you just want reassurance then call your midwife. I've read so many similar stories on here and in the vast majority of cases it's turned out to be fine. Good luck!

PumpkinPie2013 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:37:06

I had some brown discharge at about 5/6 weeks as well (like you not enough to use a pad) and some when I wiped at around 8/9 weeks and after I had my first scan so 12/13 weeks.

I always spoke to my midwife just to check but she always said if it isn't bright red or with cramps/pains it's nothing to worry about.

I'm nearly 18 weeks now and all is going well smile

Best of luck and congratulations flowers

sleepcrisis Mon 24-Jun-13 09:01:18

Thanks for the replies. I am not in uk so different system we - its either gp or a&e at this stage. I am seeing a gp in an hour but I think she'll say no point in scanning until at least 6-7weeks.

I do have some cramping, like perio cramps but just I'll and constant rather than stong pains I hve during period. I remember having these cramps last pg which was a healthy one so until I had this brown blood I wasn't worried about the pains

TMI:
On wiping there is fresher looking blood but I'd still describe as pinky -red rather than bright red. Still mixed in with cm rather than pure blood if that makes sense.

Can't stop worrying. Can't believe I made it to 12 weeks last time without having a nervous breakdown.

sleepcrisis Mon 24-Jun-13 11:57:21

Gp said defo too early for scan but cervix is closed and she did a blood test followed by another in 2 days to check hormone levels going up as expected.

Then DS had mega tantrum in park and I had to carry him under the arm for a 5ninute walk so am now freaking out that that is going to bring on m/c.

And so begins 9 months of anxiety...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now