Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

awesome dp

(3 Posts)
babyhmummy01 Sat 22-Jun-13 23:38:44

Have to rave to someone so sorry folks

My dp is awesome, I have had a really rough couple of weeks with not being able to move and been pretty much house bound due to chronic pain in my lower abdomen (32 weeks and gravity combined with being slightly overweight according to obstetrics). So cos I have had a couple of ok days this week he has taken me to my favourite cocktail bar in the world and have had my first alcholic drink in about 3 years. It was like nectar! Highly recommend Key West Cooler cocktails...mmmmmmm

Got to see the guy who owns the bar and several good friends who work there that I haven't seen in about 9 months so had no idea I was pg and for the first time this whole time I actually felt really proud to be saying I was having baby. I found myself genuinely happy and warm n fuzzy at everyone's reaction which is a really novel feeling as anyone on august thread will know, I have really struggled to feel connected to this baby.

Sorry had to share

Lydia161290 Sun 23-Jun-13 00:19:53

Aww, this is a lovely thread!
I know exactly how you feel though. I'm 35 weeks and my DP has been amazing.
I've been a bit down lately because I miss my family, they live over in Ireland and I haven't seen them in months and won't be able to for another few months after the baby is born in July.
But despite the fact that DP works long hours and nights, he took me out for a nice meal yesterday. When we came home, he showered me with hugs and kisses, went to the shop and brought me treats and he even gave me a head and back massage. It was HEAVENLY to be that spoiled after being so down in the dumps. smile

babyhmummy01 Sun 23-Jun-13 00:23:48

Awww lydia that is lovely!

I absolutely love my dp to buts, he is my hero

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: