Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby brain

(14 Posts)
IndecisivePramBuyer81 Fri 21-Jun-13 18:20:17

Does it ever go? how long does it last? don't think I can be this dippy forever!! confused

ThedementedPenguin Fri 21-Jun-13 20:49:37

My ds is 9 months now and I still have it sad

Newmum0113 Fri 21-Jun-13 20:57:42

My mum had it so bad when she was pregnant with me, that I caught it at birth and have had it ever since! Lol

Loupee Fri 21-Jun-13 20:57:43

My DS is 11 months, and I still have a very bad case.
I lost my phone, couldn't find it for 2 weeks, searched everywhere, got my phone blocked etc. The bloody thing was in the front pocket of my changing bag, which both me and DH had searched through. Actually been feeling like I'm going mad!

IShallCallYouSquishy Fri 21-Jun-13 21:00:43

I went to put the baby monitor in the fridge yesterday.

My DD is 13 months

angry

InsanelyBrainDeprived Fri 21-Jun-13 21:06:53

It never goes sorry! Fact is your head space is being invaded and the invasion spreads as they get older so you get worse.

SupermansBigRedPants Fri 21-Jun-13 21:24:57

I've had sausage mush brains for 9 years angry dd is 8 and it still wont go! not helped by my being almost 33 weeks with the second baby in under 2 years sad i used to be smart i think hmm

IndecisivePramBuyer81 Fri 21-Jun-13 22:17:35

There go my career prospects post maternity leave then! have seriously lost the plot since being pregnant!

parttimer79 Sat 22-Jun-13 10:26:33

Noooo I still have a PhD to finish when I get back from mat leave. I've still got 7 weeks til due date and my mind is like a little ball of fuzz sad

jessw25 Sat 22-Jun-13 10:41:23

Not kidding, I forgot my surname for a few seconds the other month - doh! I'm a teacher and my students have really noticed a difference with my scatiness now I'm pregnant. Was hoping it might be better post-birth but by the sounds of other posts, I now fear it won't!

SupermansBigRedPants Sat 22-Jun-13 10:50:03

I forgot how old i was when i was expecting ds - one of the chuggers in town asked me and i totally blanked and thought 'i'm either 17 or 19 hmm' i was 24!!

4leafclover Sat 22-Jun-13 11:49:30

I still suffer with it now, dd is nearly 6 confused

I honestly couldn't tell you if I am 25 or 26..will have to ask dp when he gets home blush

I forget so many things but remembering my age is my main problem.

BabyStone Sat 22-Jun-13 11:52:26

I think my baby brain has got a bit better although my memory is rubbish, pretty sure DP has 'caught' my baby brain though, caught him trying to put his clothes down the toilet (instead of the laundry basket) and the cornflakes in the fridge confused

TwentyTinyToes Sat 22-Jun-13 12:02:37

It gets worse, subsequent children just compound the problem, add a hefty dose of sleep deprivation and i am in a permanent haze. I can never remember the date when i need to sign something. The other day honestly could not remember the year, could not even hazard a guess. blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: