Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fecking Mothercare

(18 Posts)
HumptyDumptyBumpty Wed 19-Jun-13 14:41:27

Ordered two bras with them in their Buy One Get One Half Price sale - they delivered one, told me one was 'to follow'. Logged in just now - order partially cancelled.
I am not amused. Have sent v cross email. How are they able to just cancel half an order and not tell me FFS?
Grrrr angry

MsLadyLove Wed 19-Jun-13 14:42:33

Right.....ok

Bejeena Wed 19-Jun-13 14:46:32

I think it is just the computer cancelling it, your size was probably out of stock and then they were supposed to receive more but didn't?

To be fair to Mothercare they sorted out a problem I had with a t shirt very quickly so am sure they will honour the half price deal somehow.

I have always found mothercare to sort out every problem I have had recently quite efficiently once you get on to them. So am sure it'll be sorted, although annoying you don't get the bra you want.

Sanch1 Wed 19-Jun-13 15:26:38

Have you contacted them? I'm sure they'll sort it out somehow.

They keep texting me to tell me my order has arrived in store. I collected the damned order before they text me the first time!

HumptyDumptyBumpty Wed 19-Jun-13 16:58:12

It might be the computer, but this is 2 weeks after the first one arrived, and I haven't had any communication to tell me. So bloody rude! I've been waiting for that bra - my other ones are too small. I could have ordered half a dozen in this time.
MsLady - um, what? They cancelled part of an order without telling me, and you're implying I'm annoyed over nothing? That's not nothing. It's rude and poor CS.

MsLadyLove Wed 19-Jun-13 16:59:09

Just talk to them about it. Hardly a post for this forum

HumptyDumptyBumpty Wed 19-Jun-13 17:03:50

Really? Hardly a post for a Pregnancy forum? I'm pregnant, i was ordering a maternity bra and letting others know that Mothercare do shit customer service. How much more appropriate do you want me to be? I suppose I'm supposed to be in labour to actually post, am I? Who made you the forum police anyhow. Get lost.

podgymumma Wed 19-Jun-13 17:54:53

Calm down Humpty its only a bra. You'll give yourself high blood pressure. I'm sure if you contact them they'll be able to sort something for you. Its a bit rude to tell someone to get lost hmm

TarkaTheOtter Wed 19-Jun-13 17:58:42

I'd be annoyed too. It's the lack of communication. It is bad customer service. On the plus side their bras are crap IMO so you're not missing much.

starsandstripes72 Wed 19-Jun-13 18:07:54

It is a tad annoying when you're trying to get everything ready on time. I found there was a lot of stuff I had to get really early on so I had it for my hospital beg...bras included!!! Every time I ordered maternity wear online it never arrived. My advise is just go and purchase it in store.. It was driving me crazy doing it online. At least then if they don't have the items you need and you broke down in tears (like I did over a tin if custard in tesco last week...thank god for pregnancy hormones) they'll be more likely to find the bra of your dreams ;)

normaleggy Wed 19-Jun-13 18:07:58

She said she'd sent them an email, if you read it properly. This is a public forum and people are allowed to post what the hell they like, so if it doesn't interest you, don't read it and comment on it. It's not compulsory.

Christ sometimes there are some odd people on here.

Hope they sort your order out OP.

HumptyDumptyBumpty Wed 19-Jun-13 18:52:09

Email reply - they're sorry that the bra went out of stock (yes, thanks, I gathered) and nothing about the fact they didn't tell me the order was cancelled. Bah.
They offered £10 off any other bra. I think I'll prob give it a miss!
Cheers for nice comments - I prob did overreact at first, but I am pregnant grin.

Longfufu Wed 19-Jun-13 19:01:47

Is this AIBU? [Grin]

Longfufu Wed 19-Jun-13 19:03:33

So grins don't work on phones then..

Fakebook Wed 19-Jun-13 20:53:57

I once ordered a bra from mothercare online and went to pick it up in store instead of having it sent home. When I checked their bra section my size was there and there were loads of other quite popular sizes there aswell. You should go instore if you have one near you, because I don't think anyone buys anything from there anymore. It's a shit shop.

neversleepagain Wed 19-Jun-13 21:05:07

I love my local Mothercare. The customer service is fantastic. I always make an effort to shop their first before looking elsewhere.

urtwistingmymelonman Thu 20-Jun-13 07:54:10

if you think that's bad then try Tesco.
I ordered a moses basket,two pack of moses basket fitted sheets,moses basket rocking stand,two blankets and a video baby monitor.
the moses basket,sheets and stand turned up but they left it outside my front door in the rain with no signature.the monitor and blankets never turned up and I had to get in touch with them almost four weeks later for them to re-order it for me even though the money had been taken out of my account!
it wasn't the fact that something had gone wrong but the fact that they had over a hundred pounds of my money and didn't even attempt to get in touch.
oh and when the rest did arrive it had been lobbed over my back gate and left in the rain...again!

HumptyDumptyBumpty Thu 20-Jun-13 10:14:16

fake I did try my local, but all the cup sizes were wee! I thought that was a bit odd - aren't pg women meant to have bigger boobs?! They only had stuff up to a D cup.
urtwisting that's appalling. How utterly crappy of them. Did you sort it in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now