Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What would you do?

(7 Posts)
YellowFeathers Tue 30-May-06 15:34:42

As some of you already know, we are hopefully moving soon but things keep cropping up and putting us back. We really should have been in the new house by now.

I'm starting to get quite bothered about the fact that I'm now 29 weeks and haven't a clue where I will be giving birth. So I'm just thinking about writing my birth plan and packing a bag just in case things happen in between moving.
Would you do this?

Elibean Tue 30-May-06 15:38:45

Yes! One of my fellow ante-natal pals was moving, and in the end it got delayed and they moved just after the birth. She said all her belongings were in boxes by then, but at least she had her plan and bag handy....and it all worked out fine. Good luck with move AND birth.

YellowFeathers Tue 30-May-06 15:41:56

Oh god!

I was going to pack necessaties in to some bags to throw in the car on moving day but I thought one of the bags could include the hospital bag.

Elibean Tue 30-May-06 15:52:54

Sorry, didn't mean to panic you! You have loads of time, just meant it would be done and one less thing to worry about...your plan sounds good, anyway.

YellowFeathers Tue 30-May-06 15:58:03

No, you didn't panic me. Just a total nightmare for your friend!
Good job she was prepared.

olivo Tue 30-May-06 16:17:57

hi yellow! I would have it ready in the car too, even now, just in case. and maybe put some of the baby htings into a couple of plastic crtae type packing boxes so you know exactly where they are if you need them/ someone to find them in the midst of packing - but hopefully not!!

YellowFeathers Tue 30-May-06 16:23:05

I could do with a wobbly mouth emoticon

Just started a thread on birth plans. I think I sit down and write it tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: