Talk

Advanced search

Measurements of twins

(4 Posts)
Zokaluse Tue 30-May-06 13:02:24

Hello...

After really bad sickness & some loss of spludgy brownish redish things I then felt fine for 2 days to then get a shock to see A LOAD of lil clott things in my lovely relaxing bath.

Went hospital saw Gyny & she said old blood and neck of womb safely closed..so no miscarriage but organised scan for today to double check everything.

Both hearts beating but one baby is measuring 8 weeks & in quite a lot of fluid whilst the other is measuring 7 weeks & only has a little fluid..aswell as doc explaining this we could see for ourselves very clearly the difference.

Doc has said a 'little' concerned & gave 3 possible reasons
1) Twin to twin transfusion which nothing can be done about until viable.
2)The littlest one is just getting ready to die
3)I fell pregnant twice

I have another scan in two weeks to keep an eye on it & if I bleed clots I'm to go straight back as it will be a miscarriage, but hes said not to worry.

If anyone has ever heard of different measurements at this early stage & the outcome I would be very pleased to hear it.

Thanks

MarsLady Tue 30-May-06 13:06:05

Hmmmmmmmm well my pair were always a different size. But as they are fraternal twins with separate sacs there was no worry of twin to twin transfusion.

I don't know what to say except try to relax. Hard I know... but the best thing you can do.

You've another scan in a couple of weeks and will know more then.

Zokaluse Tue 30-May-06 13:31:53

Thanks and I will.

These each have their own sac and placenta too but he said they are sharing the same blood supply which is where TTTS comes in.

Ho hum whats meant to be will be I spose.

MarsLady Tue 30-May-06 13:39:06

Well you have my prayers.

Do pop over and say hi on the multiple threads won't you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: