Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

is an upset stomach something to worry about?

(11 Posts)
olivo Mon 29-May-06 15:17:09

I had a very impromptu burst of diarrhoea last night, couldnt move from the loo (sorry tmi) but didnt feel ill or anything. no further runs but this a.m, a slightly crampy stomach which seemed to settle after i had some breakfast and just felt a bit tender for the rest of the morning.

it wont have done any damage to the baby will it? I'm 27 weeks and an anxiety queen .

trinityrhino Mon 29-May-06 16:10:42

I had a tummy bug when I was about 7 months with my last baby.

Had the runs and puked about 3 times in the space of a morning and then felt better the next day, I panicked and rang my midwife(lovely tolerant woman)
She said it was absolutely fine and nothing to worry about, your body is fab at looking after the baby even if your sick

Hope that helps you relax a bit, hugs xxx

LadyTophamHatt Mon 29-May-06 16:15:23

I had a sickness and diarrhoea thing when pg with ds3. Actually we all had it and it was awful.

No harm done though.

This will make you laugh though....I had been in the bath and started feeling sick so climbed out and was crouching naked in front of the toilet. Massive PG belly, dripping wet, pale as a sheet...I looked a right sight.
The door creeked open and ds2 was standing there with his liitle fisher price camera taking a photo of me!!!

(Thank god it didn't have any film left though)

trinityrhino Mon 29-May-06 16:18:21

ROFL lady thats hilarious

nailpolish Mon 29-May-06 16:19:29

oh god poor you!

LOL

LadyTophamHatt Mon 29-May-06 16:20:25

olivo Mon 29-May-06 17:42:37

thanks for your reassurances - was worried it might be something nasty - still feels sore and am a bit windy but no more runs and no sickness.

Jodiesmum Tue 30-May-06 20:35:17

Well I had food poisoning and went straight into labour - but believe me you would know all about it if there was any risk of this for you. My pregnancy book said no need to worry if you have a tummy bug and I'm sure that's normally the case

Jodiesmum Tue 30-May-06 20:35:20

Well I had food poisoning and went straight into labour - but believe me you would know all about it if there was any risk of this for you. My pregnancy book said no need to worry if you have a tummy bug and I'm sure that's normally the case

olivo Tue 30-May-06 20:52:43

yikes!!

BettySpaghetti Tue 30-May-06 21:00:22

When a friend of mine had a stomach upset when pregnant the doctor reminded her that pregnant women worldwide survive war, famine, drought, illness etc unscathed.

She said it really made her realise how the body can protect an unborn baby

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: