Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possibly being silly...

(13 Posts)
WonderlandBride Wed 12-Jun-13 11:32:09

Hi everyone.

I found out last week that i'm 5-6 weeks pregnant.
I'm naturally a bit of a worrier, and this baby is so wanted that i'm stressing myself out over every little thing.

I've been getting some cramping, and a pinching pain on the bottom left of my tummy...is this normal?

Also, I've woken up today with really bad back ache. It's at the top of my back and googling this has led me to sites about ectopic pregnancy. I have no other symptoms that even suggest this, but i'm hoping some of you ladies can put my mind at rest and tell me that back ache, even up the top, is normal?

Thanks so much,

Emma xx

knittingirl Wed 12-Jun-13 11:37:52

I had what felt like really bad period cramps for a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant - totally normal! It's just everything expanding down there.

Just remember - Google is not always your friend...

WeeS Wed 12-Jun-13 11:41:06

Whilst I've found Google to be useful at times throughout my pregnancy, during the 1st trimester it's a no-no!
I too was a nervous wreck up til my 12 week scan, but just try to relax & take care of yourself & don't worry smile
Congratulations! smile

WonderlandBride Wed 12-Jun-13 11:50:31

Thank you both...I can't wait for my scan! I've convinced myself that cramps are normal but I'm concerned about the back ache...everything I've read says lower back ache is normal but nothing about upper aches and pains...what do you think/

I'm sure it's nothing! xx

WeeS Wed 12-Jun-13 11:56:04

I meant to say, I had loads of twinges & some kind of jolting/stabbing pains. Just call your mw & she can put your mind at rest. That's probably the best thing to do, it can't harm in asking advice & that's what they're there for.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 12-Jun-13 12:17:26

I had backache from 5-10 weeks and twingy/pulling pains on and off below my belly button until about 14 weeks.

Ask your mw if you're concerned, but unless they're actually painful, I think you're safe to put this down as ligament stretching and muscle loosening.

Congratulations!

fanjodisfunction Wed 12-Jun-13 12:20:18

Twinges are normal especially in one place its your ligaments stretching.
But if you are worried I would go and see your midwife if you have one or make and appointment to see your GP. Your not being silly at all.

RJM17 Wed 12-Jun-13 12:23:28

Dr google is the worst things ever in your first trimester! I convinced myself I had all kinds wrong with me and baby but we are fine at 17 weeks.
I had a lot of pain and my gp and midwife both said its stretching pains because your body has to change a lot to make room for baby.
Try not to worry and congrats xxx

Champagnebubble Wed 12-Jun-13 12:44:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Champagnebubble Wed 12-Jun-13 12:45:26

rowtunda Wed 12-Jun-13 13:03:34

Doctor Google is a nightmare but so is Dr Mumsnet! Ectopics are one sided pain and not ness associated with bleeding. If you are 5-6 weeks pregnant and experiencing one sided pain I would contact the GP to get it checked out ASAP so that, if needed, they can arrange a early scan to check the fetus is intrauterine (in the womb not the tubes).

Abdo cramping can be normal in early pregnancy but one sided abdo pain should be checked out.

ps I'm a GP who has previously had an ectopic!

Champagnebubble Wed 12-Jun-13 13:29:06

Champagnebubble Wed 12-Jun-13 13:29:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now