Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Measuring large and baby has moved and is now back to back.

(8 Posts)
Marmite48 Wed 12-Jun-13 07:32:10

I'm 32+3 and I had a midwife appointment yesterday.

My bump is measuring 6 weeks ahead but I have had growth scans and my baby is measuring normal, I have another growth scan in 4 weeks time.

The growth scan 2 weeks ago showed me that the baby was laying in the best position with his/her spine against my stomach. However, the midwife told me that the baby is now back to back, is this common? She has told me to rock on all fours to try to turn the baby for my next appointment in 2 weeks time.

She said that I will be induced due to my size and because I had a large baby previously, it is possible to deliver a back to back baby vaginally if the baby decides not to turn?

Thanks.

TinkyPeet Wed 12-Jun-13 08:22:47

Had both my dcs back to back, was fine and wasn't pushing for long with either x

Smilehappy Wed 12-Jun-13 09:08:54

Baby can take up to the last moment to turn so don't worry too much, even if baby doesn't turn you can still have a vaginal birth... My DS was born back to back, we didn't know this until he was coming out!! Although I had stitches there were no other major upsets due to his position, just crawl around and bounce on massive ball, I hope baby turns but don't stress too much.

Congratulations smilethanks

Shellywelly1973 Wed 12-Jun-13 10:03:02

I've delivered 4 back to back babies...3 without stitches & 2 without pain relief!

You will be fine! x

FoofFighter Wed 12-Jun-13 10:11:59

DC1 was back to back. Labour was long but then it could have been anyway? Needed episiotomy and stitches but healed just fine and with DC2 didn't even tear.

Marmite48 Wed 12-Jun-13 17:36:27

Thank you for the replies, I feel a lot better about it now smile

farmersdaughter Wed 12-Jun-13 18:11:21

DD was back to back and her head was twisted. I tried and failed. Ended with a EMCS. Saying that she was nearly 10lb and moved into that position during labour. And won't move.

Plenty of time for it to wriggly into a few different positions, I'm sure you'll be fine.

CruCru Wed 12-Jun-13 22:28:26

I was induced and DS was back to back at the start of labour and moved round during labour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now