Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

please help..waters breaking?

(5 Posts)
titch392000 Sun 28-May-06 13:47:51

Hi...first pregnancy and beginning to feel like a slug.
Had a bit of a show last weekend and about midweek was the full shebang ( ick ).
Well past couple of days had a lot of snotty discharge not coloured just thick and slimey...i emntioend it to a friend who said i ought to ring midwife incase my waters have broken.
I thought that waters would be fluid and this ..isnt..
im a bit confused now, dont want to ring the midwife and look silly. but dont want to do nothing and be in the wrong...

Tumblemum Sun 28-May-06 13:51:52

think you would know if it was your waters they would be 'watery', the discharge could be more of the mucous plug in your cervix coming away ' the show', it is not always bloodstained, mine wasn't just mucousy
the only thing to really worry about is if and when your waters do go you should make sure that they are clear ie not brown or green

but anyway if you are really worried about anything when pg you should call your mw it is their job

booo Sun 28-May-06 13:52:51

I had my waters broken for me so i can't tell you what it's like, but definitely call your midwife even if you think it's nothing, they won't mind, at all, they're there to reassure you as much as anything. Don't even think about feeling silly, you're about to do the best thing thinking of you

Beauregard Sun 28-May-06 13:52:57

It can be your waters if it looks runny and watery but just sounds like mucous/discharge to me.Call your midwife she wont think you are silly she has heard it all before.I got my midwife to look at the varicose veins on my foofnow that was embarrassing!

booo Sun 28-May-06 13:53:50

btw i felt more like an elephant towards the end...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: