Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

A multitude of worried ramblings (prolly unfounded)

(8 Posts)
Zokaluse Sun 28-May-06 00:11:23

Hello,
I heard of this website on C4 last week so popped along tonight .. so HELLO!

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with twins (had a scan last week just to confirm preg & they saw 2)

I have a 5 yr old already which was complicted as I had polyhydramnious (excess amniotic fluid)I was massive in bump only (im only 4ft 11 & v petite) & into labour at 6 months, though with help of drugs & hospitalisation for remainder went til 37 weeks with planned CSection due to ammount of fluid & baby had surgery at three days old (no valve in pyloric muscle hence excess fluid) he is fine now.

I'm worried about this preg as im big already...how can little me carry twins... :-(
I felt no sickness with my previous preg just pains like period very badly which i currently have now but added with all day nausea (only physically sick when brush teeth or start bawking for no reason)
Main worry is that after prolly 3 or 4 of my billion wees a day when wipe i hve very small (half the size of the boards smiley faces) redish brownish squishy things.
alls I got from doc is ' normal for twins' this has been happening all week. is this normal?
I hve no MW yet and am awaiting letter with date of 10-12 week scan but dont want to worry all that time.
Phoned mat unit and MW just said too early and if strt to bleed pads worth go in, keep feet up & try not to worry but could be about to miss carry.
Just hoping for some reassurance and thank in advance.

Chandra Sun 28-May-06 00:17:26

I really don't have a clue, but wanted to welcome you and reasure you that although things are quite quiet here at this hour you may get more responses during the day.

alexsmum Sun 28-May-06 00:19:44

think lots of people get spotting at beginning.if it was bright red i would think it was more worrying.

welcome by the way!

Zokaluse Sun 28-May-06 00:30:21

Thanks to you both for welcomes .. I'm sure i'll be a regular on here from now on! [wave]

I'll check back tmx ...

x

Chandra Sun 28-May-06 16:45:55

bump

girrafey Sun 28-May-06 17:56:17

hey there. i am also pregnant with twins. 9 weeks. it was triplets but i sadly lost one.
the reddish brown is natural as i had mine examined after my last scan. it has no indication of miscarriage and is just left over from our womb starting to stretch and get ready. i have developed a real little bump in the last week so be warned!!! you will soon. i have been suffering what feels like cramps badly aswell but this apparently is more normal to feel them more with 2. ( makes sense really)

if at any time you are very worried or the bleeding gets worse, do just go to your local hospital. someone there ( maybe after a short wait) will see you. even if it puts your mind at rest.

congratulations by the way. hope to talk to you again soon. x

spinach Sun 28-May-06 21:00:32

call your local hospital and ask to talk to someone in your Early Pregnancy Unit... they're always really helpful. COngrats on the twins!

Zokaluse Mon 29-May-06 13:38:55

Amyjoe .. congrats too & sorry on your loss.

Your comments have really reassured me thankyou.

I already have a prominent bump ... have outgrown my clothes and struggling to find petite maternity as with being so small they are all too long!

The little splodges have been absent since yesterday so i'm feeling better about that but still those nagging negative thoughts keep popping in.

Thanks to everyone for kind messages.

x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: