Talk

Advanced search

Feeling fat

(13 Posts)
Queazy Sun 02-Jun-13 10:39:32

Next door neighbour saw me outside yesterday. He asked me if I'm looking forward to our holiday on Thursday, and asked me what I do about a bikini when I'm this fat. Using the word 'fat'. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and yes, I do look like a whale. I was previously size 8/10 so it's getting to me a bit now. I'm dreading going on a beach and, though I know he's eccentric and was just trying to be funny, it left me feeling really sad. I think I'm just looking for reassurance/empathy/sharedstories - sorry if this just looks like a Sunday whinge hmm x

Queazy Sun 02-Jun-13 10:41:18

p.s. I have a (very tight) maternity swimsuit. No bikini. He honestly had a laugh with my husband about 'nobody needs to see that' etc.

MisselthwaiteManor Sun 02-Jun-13 10:43:41

He sounds like an absolute nobhead. You're not fat, you're pregnant. Don't let one idiot spoil your enjoyment of your holiday.

mrspaddy Sun 02-Jun-13 10:45:43

I would send your husband around and tell him he is not to speak to you like that again. I hope your husband didn't join in !
I would also probably move house - I am a bit sensitive!

Hugs

Queazy Sun 02-Jun-13 10:46:11

Thanks hoppus - he is a nobhead. I think he just hit a raw nerve. All I do I eat ice cream and chocolate, so only have myself to blame smile

Queazy Sun 02-Jun-13 10:47:38

My husband laughed with him - I think because I made jokes back. I was just bit embarassed. I think I'll continue to just avoid him like I have for the past 2 years!!!!

Fairydogmother Sun 02-Jun-13 10:48:12

What an ignorant git! I hate people commenting on weight no matter if you're pregnant or not

LoganMummy Sun 02-Jun-13 11:03:16

Our neighbour said to me two weeks ago "wow, you're really fat now!". Yes, I was 38 weeks pregnant.

Try just to ignore it (hard, I know). Some people think being pregnant means they can comment/touch you in any way they like. Idiots.

joanna0211marie Sun 02-Jun-13 11:35:52

I love it when men with massive beer guts comment on the size of my bump, 40+2......erm I've got nothing on you mate!

JennyC80 Sun 02-Jun-13 13:23:29

Aw how insensitive and rude! People honestly think its ok to comment on a size of pregnant ladies! U wouldn't come to a person who's overweight and comment would u! But its ok to comment on size of a pregnant girl! I am almost 32weeks now and I've heard it all before too! I used to joke about it so not come across as rude but now I'm no longer so polite (and don't feel guilty). People should know where to draw the line! Don't worry hun. And ignore the ignorant insensitive twat! Xx

Shellywelly1973 Sun 02-Jun-13 13:58:44

There is nothing in the world as beautiful as a pregnant lady!!

Im a size 8 but when Im pregnant i puff up&Im pretty massive...then i go back to a size 8. Have done 5 times!

Yet people commented constantly about my size, especially fat people. Take no notice of your stupid ignorant & rude neighbour. Treat yourself to a maternity bikini & enjoy your holiday.

joanna0211marie Sun 02-Jun-13 14:24:02

Aww shellywelly, thats a lovely thing to say it even made me feel better flowers to you x

sprite25 Sun 02-Jun-13 19:12:14

Next time he says something like that, my reply would be "yeah im fat, but that will change once Ive had the baby. Unfortunately for you theres no cure to being a complete twat so you'll just stay that way forever"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now