Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leucocytes and protein in urine!

(4 Posts)
Iwish Tue 28-May-13 18:54:19

Hey ladies.

I have been for my booking appt this morning and the midwife said I had Leucocytes and protein in urine.

Has anyone had this?

I'm 8 + 4

Thanks xx

2Labradors Tue 28-May-13 20:57:07

Yeah I did at booking in, I also had glucose in it. Don't think there was much else I could have in it!

I had to get another wee checked a week later. I drank loads of water throughout the days leading up to my 2nd wee check and it was totally clear.

The midwife sent my booking in sample off to the lab to be checked but I never heard anything and when I called to chase it my GP didn't have the results, but the fact that 2nd wee was clear meant that I didn't need antibiotics anyway.

Has your midwife suggested a re-test? If not, you should be able to hand a wee sample in at your GPs for a health care assistant or nurse to dipstick test.

Iwish Tue 28-May-13 21:14:41

No they didn't suggest a retest but I have another appt with my consultant on Friday so I guess they will test then. She did say they will send it off to be analysed.

Thanks for replying hun, puts my mind at ease a bit xx

HadALittleFaithBaby Wed 29-May-13 08:54:50

Could be a water infection. To be fair, I had leukocytes in my urine every urine dip I had during pregnancy. The midwife put it down to me having lots of discharge. Everything is fine with baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now