Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible I am pregnant?

(19 Posts)
lacrymosa146 Tue 28-May-13 15:44:23

Hello, I am new to these boards.

I stopped the pill in March after being on it for 10 years. I decided to come off it as me and the husband are planning on trying for a baby in a few months time.

I got my first real period 35 days after my withdrawal bleed. My second period hasn't come yet and it has been 40 days. Shouldn't my periods be getting shorter, not longer?! Anyway, on Saturday, I had bright red spotting. Not loads but it was really bright! On Sunday, I had brown gloopy discharge and that was it (sorry - I know this is TMI!). I've had nothing since. No period has arrived. Could this have been a implantation bleed? Also since then, I've had odd twinges/pains in my stomach and my boobs every now and again have ached slightly.

Is it possible I'm pregnant and that I've tested too early? It is hard to know when to test when I don't even know when my period should be here as I haven't got my regular cycle back yet. Me and my other half haven't exactly been careful as we will be TTC soon anyway so if it happens, it happens. We've been using the pulling out method and he has always pulled out in plenty of time. He has never ejaculated inside me since I've been off the pill. Surely I can't be pregnant from pre-cum?

I'm not sure what to do to be honest. When can I test? My body doesn't quite feel right and the spotting I saw at the weekend seemed odd.

Yearofme Tue 28-May-13 15:46:51

Only way to know is to POAS. You can get pregnant from pre cum, I have a 4 yr old to prove it smile pre cum still has sperm in it, and it only takes one!

EeyoreIsh Tue 28-May-13 15:47:26

The only way to know for sure is to take a test. You can get pregnant from the withdrawal method.

The only way to know for sure is to take a test. You can get pregnant from the withdrawal method.

recall Tue 28-May-13 15:49:23

grin

lacrymosa146 Tue 28-May-13 15:49:26

I took a test at the weekend but it came back negative.

How soon would a test come up positive? Because my periods are not yet regular, I am unsure when I can actually test.

recall Tue 28-May-13 15:51:09

I was talking to my DH about this last night, and he says he never has any pre cum stuff come out…..he seems quite certain of this. Do some men have it and others not ?

lacrymosa146 Tue 28-May-13 15:52:38

Hmmmm unsure! I know my other half gets it but it is only a very very small amount!

MannishBoy Tue 28-May-13 15:53:10

recall HAHAHAHAHA. sorry your DH is a bit mad to think that.

OP if you have sex, then there's always a possibility. And shop bought tests aren't 100% accurate, might be worth getting a test from your GP.

EeyoreIsh Tue 28-May-13 15:56:52

I'm so sure you can get pregnant from pre-cum I posted it many times blush

sorry!

ShowOfHands Tue 28-May-13 15:57:45

GP tests are the same as the ones you buy over the counter. They are extremely accurate. They use the cheap ones that you get from places like poundland/ebay/amazon.

Some men don't have pre-ejaculatory fluid. This is true. It's also unknown whether there is sperm in pre-ejaculatory fluid. A lot of research suggests that the vast majority of men do NOT leak sperm before they ejaculate. It comes from a completely different place and usually the fluid which leaks before ejaculation is 100% sperm free. However, there are cases where it does contain it and we do know that if you have sex twice without urinating inbetween, sperm left in the pipes can leak out along with the pre-ejaculatory fluid but they didn't come from the same place iyswim.

Withdrawal is v effective tbh and its failure rate comes from not pulling out in time.

It can take a while for your hormones to calm down though. Give it another week and test again.

lacrymosa146 Tue 28-May-13 16:08:31

Thanks for the replies. I think I might just wait until the end of the week and test again. I know it is very very unlikely I am pregnant but the spotting has confused me. Never had it before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now