Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting crazy trying to reach the obstetrics clinic team at Addenbrooke's

(4 Posts)
Marineblue Tue 28-May-13 12:56:23

Hello

I am 10 weeks pregnant and, due to previous GD, I have been referred to the Obstetrics clinic team at Addenbrooke's hospital.

I was supposed to call them within 7 days of receiving the letter to arrange an appointment- but I can reach them! They are only open Monday to friday 9.00 pm to 5.00 pm - brilliant, as I work in a place where I don't have a phone nor can use a mobile phone.

So I took some time off, just to call: to no avail; it is always always always busy. And contrary to what they say in the letter, the helpful machine informs me that "you can't leave a message. So try at another time".

This is turning into a Kafkaian nightmare and I feel I am loosing it. Not sure if I am looking for advice, or just to vent, but what can I do? Should I just turn up in person at Addenbrookes (although, by now, the 7 days have passed?). HELP!!!!sad

Marineblue Tue 28-May-13 13:31:22

I think I just positive-jinxed it by posting this message. Got an appointment! Hurray!

neolara Tue 28-May-13 13:35:11

I once tried to call Addenbrookes to move my dd's hospital appointment. After 45 minutes on hold I had moved from 7th on the list up to 4th on the list. I sent PALS a very snotty email. I recommend you do the same. Their appointment's system is bloody awful.

Marineblue Tue 28-May-13 13:51:10

Thanks you - I'll keep that in mind, and feel reassured that I am not the only one suffereing from their awful system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now