Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 weeks, stopped feeling movement

(17 Posts)
workingtitle Tue 28-May-13 09:53:25

I have been feeling movement since week 17, but absolutely nothing at all since Friday. I've tried a few things including a cold sugary drink, shining a torch on my belly (!), to no avail.
I had a busy weekend and am feeling a bit run down, and I know movements aren't always consistent/discernible at this stage... should I just try to forget about it for a bit (not too easy now it's on my mind!) or give the mw a ring?

PumpkinPie2013 Tue 28-May-13 09:55:35

I've no experience myself but if you are worried I would ring your midwife.

I'm sure everything is fine for you but better to get some reassurance than worry yourself.

Hope you're ok x

bonzo77 Tue 28-May-13 09:59:46

You really really need to get checked out. Don't call your midwife. Get a cab to your maternity assessment unit or labour ward. If you make phone calls you run the risk if delay or being fobbed off.

workingtitle Tue 28-May-13 10:02:41

Thank you both. I was feeling silly but maybe it's worth getting checked out. I am in meetings from 10.30 - 2 and can't get out of them but will do something afterwards.

Lydia161290 Tue 28-May-13 11:53:16

I would get checked out if you are really worried, but I don't think there is anything to worry about. At this stage baby still has loads of room to move and it's probably just turned into a position were you can't feel it.

Best of luck though. I freaked out a few times when my baby stopped moving for long periods of time, just turns out he's really lazy!

Kelly1814 Tue 28-May-13 12:02:52

i am 21 weeks and am not feeling much movement to speak of. doctor was not worried at all and said up to 24 weeks without is not anything to worry about. so i haven't.

Futterby Tue 28-May-13 12:44:56

No advice (13+3 with my first) but best of luck and keep us posted!

wifey6 Tue 28-May-13 12:59:42

I remember having a quiet few days on/off around the same time (now 35 weeks). I had also had a busy few days when I noticed this.
Baby still has lots of room to move about without you feeling much at this stage.
I'm sure all is well - but still worth getting checked out for your own peace of mind smile

Fairydogmother Tue 28-May-13 13:16:55

generally no need to worry until 25 weeks or later if theres no movements. the midwife and consultant both told me that.

do you know where your placenta is lying? if its at the front then its likely cushioning any movements and making them harder to feel.

i'd give your mw a call but i dont think its a dire emergency.

workingtitle Tue 28-May-13 13:38:59

Thank you all - I really appreciate it. I called the mw for a chat and she had a slot free at my GP practice at 3pm so suggested I pop down then. Dr google did say it's probably just baby in a weird position, but having had nice strong movements up until the weekend I'll appreciate the check up. Was determined not to become a paranoid pregnant lady. ha!

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 28-May-13 14:37:54

Really hope all is ok OP good luck at the mw. flowers

aPseudonymToFoolHim Tue 28-May-13 14:48:15

Good luck, glad you could get an appointment straight away to put your mind at rest. thanks

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 28-May-13 14:56:11

You've done the right thing best to get checked than worry

HDino Tue 28-May-13 15:02:16

I had the same thing over the weekend. I'm 26 weeks and had felt movements up until Saturday. Was busy most of Sunday so thought nothing of it. Sunday night/Monday morning I monitored and felt nothing. Being my first pregnancy (after 3 years of trying) I rang the assessment unit and went in Monday morning. They heard the heartbeat which gave me so much reassurance. I felt silly afterwards but as my hubby said your paying taxes at least make use of the healthcare system. Well baby quite clearly was having a lazy day as I still didn't feel anything. I'm at work today and of course it springs into action grin
Hope all is well with you too x

workingtitle Tue 28-May-13 16:29:41

Just back and we did find a heartbeat! So relieved. It took a while and it was much fainter than at my last appt so I think he/she is hiding away having some down time. Maybe a lazy baby like Lydia's! smile I'm so very grateful for your support, it really was helpful. thank you all flowers

Fairydogmother Tue 28-May-13 17:59:20

Fab news x

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 28-May-13 18:24:22

Good news now have a nice relaxing evening (and some chocolate) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now