Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

do you burn more easily whwn pregnant?

(14 Posts)
blondebaby111 Mon 27-May-13 22:26:08

Just wondered?? I was sitting in garden on and off today but not for long periods and it wasn't really hot more windy than anything. But this evening my chest is really burnt..bright red!! I am fair usually but I don't burn easily..not like this anyway..

lookingfoxy Mon 27-May-13 22:31:11

I think your skin can be much more sensitive when pregnant so I guess it could burn easier.

CruCru Mon 27-May-13 22:31:59

Yes, you can burn more easily.

EmpireBiscuit Mon 27-May-13 22:32:22

Nothing helpful to say but sniggered as I thought your thread title was "bum easier" smile

blondebaby111 Mon 27-May-13 22:33:20

I'd better stock up on sun tan lotion! I dread to think what I'd be like if it was really hot today.

matilda101 Mon 27-May-13 22:33:23

Yes, I think so - it's something to do with increased melanin due to increased eostrogen - something like that anyway!

Fairydogmother Mon 27-May-13 22:38:12

Yes this is def true! I never burn but I did last week in Spain. I've now gone dark brown tho and the redness faded very quickly. That was with factor 30 on too!

Mandelinka Mon 27-May-13 23:46:04

Same here, was sitting in the garden for about 2 hrs soaking up the sunshine. Ended up with rather blotchy red patches on my face. Def more sensitive to sun than before pregnancy

blondebaby111 Tue 28-May-13 08:22:48

Empire biscuit, just seen your comment blush This morning I'm still very red, arms are fine but got this awful awful redness on my chest. Hope it dyes down soon xx

Lamazeroo Tue 28-May-13 08:25:46

Oestrogen increases photo sensitivity. Some women find the same thing when taking the contraceptive pill.

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Tue 28-May-13 10:21:10

I found that last pg, I tanned really easily but I never burn, and didn't then either. I just went really brown really quickly - I think I was outside about 20 mins one day and I had really contrasting tan lines on my arms!!!!!

Kelly1814 Tue 28-May-13 12:04:35

i live in a very hot country (45 degrees today) and have had my usual factor 50 on plus spells in sunshine and haven't burnt at all.

i think everyone is different.

BeanoNoir Tue 28-May-13 16:09:07

Yes, last pg I got sunburnt on my bump then spent the evening in a googling panic worried if I'd hurt the baby! (I hadn't grin)

HaveToWearHeels Tue 28-May-13 16:17:07

I got a lovely tan on holiday when 7 months pregnant and didn't really sit in the sun at all and used factor 30. Normally I just go red and blotchy lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now