Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks pregnant, baby back to back, irregular contractions

(6 Posts)
mel191187 Mon 27-May-13 21:50:26

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help? I'm 39 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and I have been having irregular pains across the middle of my stomach near my belly button for 2 days now. They came down to every 4 mins at one point then all of a sudden stopped, this started on Saturday night then stopped, then last night then stopped and again tonight. It's always in the evening. My baby is back to back and I have read that they can be slow labours. I've had no show and my waters haven't broke yet. I'm so confused!

Vividmemories Mon 27-May-13 21:53:05

This sounds like the start of my labour, I was in the latent stage for 5 days before contractions became more regular. Midwife broke my waters in the end. Check the childbirth talk board.

mel191187 Mon 27-May-13 21:55:06

Did u have ur show before they started though?

Vividmemories Mon 27-May-13 21:57:54

My show was very gradual throughout if I remember correctly!

mel191187 Mon 27-May-13 22:02:50

Was it bloody or just thick?

LadyMedea Tue 28-May-13 07:44:46

I'd go to maternity assessment. Back to back labours can be very, very different so without some hands on advice there is no way to tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now