Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

babys position- 39 weeks.

(12 Posts)
elsabel Mon 27-May-13 21:20:41

Hi all, anyone experienced this? I am 39+1. For the past few weeks baby has been head down and over to my right side (not sure of the proper name for that position sorry). But tonight she has moved over to the other side, i can see and feel her bum over the left side now, my bump is very lop sided!

Just wondered if this common? And what this means, if anything? Is it normal for baby to move right over like this?

I do have midwife check up appt tomorrow but thought id see if anyone has had this.

Missy28 Mon 27-May-13 21:27:16

I'm intrigued by this as my baby has been exactly the same but I'm 38w today so wondering if she'll do the same and hop over to the other side!

elsabel Mon 27-May-13 21:29:00

Yes mine has too, i assumed she was happy over that side and wondering why she would move now. Also im anticipating labour so reading alot into anything! Im so obsessed with her being engaged when i go to see midwife i hope she hasnt popped out!

Fuckwittery Tue 28-May-13 03:07:43

Left side is optimal for labour! www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/all-positions/left-occiput-anterior

Splatt34 Tue 28-May-13 05:06:26

I'm 40+10!! & bump has always had bum up just to the left or right of middle but constantly (ie at least daily) shifts whether back is curled round to left or right. Still doing this despite being 3/5 engaged on Friday.

jammiedonut Tue 28-May-13 06:42:30

Absolutely nothing to worry about, bump has been a lefty for 6 weeks now, he's just more comfortable that way. Very annoying as stretch marks are only on one side!
There's so little room in there they'll shift anywhere to get comfy, but midwife and doctor assure me that all is well

elsabel Tue 28-May-13 08:20:03

Thankyou for the reassurance, thats what i needed. Going to midwofe this morn so praying shr tells me baby is engaging and i dont have long!

drcharliegirl Tue 28-May-13 09:53:00

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone have any experience of baby retreating UPWARDS rather than dropping post-40 weeks?
My midwife doesn't seem able to decide if she's fully engaged (currently 40+4) or free-floating (1st baby). But my heartburn is terrible, and it feels like she's trying to escape through my ribcage...
Any thoughts?

Thanks

joanna1990marie Tue 28-May-13 11:04:09

Im 39+4 and my lo has always had her back and bum on my right side until about 2 weeks ago, that's when she started to engage, every morning I wake up and her bum is very high in my ribcage on the left but she starts moving back down once im up and about, she was 2/5ths at my last appointment at 38+5, and I can relate to the stretch marks on one side! I didn't have any on my stomach until she moved to my left, and now im like a purple tiger but just on the left!

joanna1990marie Tue 28-May-13 11:08:46

And that links really good fuckwittery, my midwife wrote Loa on my notes and I didn't know what it meant.

mrsmalcolmreynolds Tue 28-May-13 16:13:36

Like a PP aid, this is a good position, as it means the baby only has to do a 1/4 turn to be in the best position for delivery. If the bum is over on your right, they have to turn 3/4 round as apparently they only go clockwise (odd but true) and might stop part way with their spine against yours, which is reckoned to be more difficult.

elsabel Tue 28-May-13 17:45:09

Thanks all. Well midwife said this morning that she is fully engaged so hopefully wont be too long now. Good luck everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now