Talk

Advanced search

pregnancy signs but neg test?

(10 Posts)
alwayschaos Mon 27-May-13 19:22:21

hi all please bare with me as im new at this and still picking things up. grin
im 2 days late (sat) took a two tests each a day apart but both negative. however for the last week and a bit iv been having what could seem like pregnancy signs including some that are less common. tierdness, cramps sore boobs swollen boobs but not enough to really notice - bra tighter slightly happy bout this - gong to the toilet more having trouble sleeping pins and needles in my arms tooth ach bleeding gums blocked feeling in my ears but no wax and feeling sick normaly during the night early morning but altho after i eat but then hour later im starving again sad few days ago i had a weird tast in my mouth thankfully gone now and seem to have a better sense of smell and tast (could smell next doors tea).
is it worth doing another test? i will point out the two i did were very cheep ones. im already thinking if nothing by sat (one week late) i will get another test. is it possible to have signs but not be preg?
thanks for reading grin

Futterby Mon 27-May-13 19:27:12

You might be pregnant, you might not be. You could have tested too early or you could be sick. Try waiting a while before taking another test, or you could see if your doctor will do a blood test on you. Good luck smile

alwayschaos Mon 27-May-13 20:15:53

thanks for the reply smile
the latest iv ever been is 2 days so think will retest if nothing by sat. its just driving me mad not knowing. plus feeling sick and having my ers feel blocked ever so often is a very strange annoying feeling sad

LemonPeculiarJones Mon 27-May-13 20:29:09

I didn't test positive until a week or so after AF was due. Had two negatives before that - early response tests designed to detect pregnancy before your period is due - one two days before AF and the other on the day. I'm now six months pregnant smile

My symptoms prior to knowing were: slightly bigger boobs, crampy sensations low in abdomen a few days PO, heightened sense of smell and an uncharacteristic argumentative feeling!

Also I had that 'I just know I'm pregnant' thing. Even after the negative tests, and genuine disappointment at them, I'd find myself thinking, 'I so am, though.' grin

Got the bfp with a clear blue digital, btw. They seem pretty good. First response and clear blue plus were the negatives.

Did you do the tests first thing in the morning?

CuteLittleToes Mon 27-May-13 20:29:14

I would wait a couple days, and of still nothing get a better test, like clear blue or first response. They should pick up of you're pregnant I think.

alwayschaos Mon 27-May-13 20:57:47

if im not and AF arrives then it wont be to dissapointing as the is the first month of trying and we did miss the dates slightly (strted a day late) so i do know it will be amazing if i am.
my head i saying im not but another part keeps thinking maybe as the signs are all there.
it wasnt first thing in the morning when i tested more mid day/afternoon.
the feeling sick cramps sore/bigger boobs plus soem other things are what are making me think maybe as never happend befor when iv been late its just normaly nothing then cramps then AF but this time the symptoms have been there for ust over a week.

LemonPeculiarJones Mon 27-May-13 21:12:23

Right. Well next time you do test, use the wee from first thing in the morning (will have more of the hormone in it if you are pg).

It was our first month of trying too!

alwayschaos Tue 28-May-13 00:25:49

so it can happen on the first month? we are fully prepared for months altho we both come from large familys so hoping that counts smile

am going to wait till sat to do another i think as dont want to end up doing one every day.

i seem to be bruising very easy as well but no idea if that counts/is a sign hmm

this will be first baby and only started reserch on pregnancy ect a few weeks ago so getting abit confused by it all blush

Futterby Tue 28-May-13 00:56:49

Well I had unprotected sex with my DP once and BOOM I'm pregnant, anything can happen :P best of luck to you though!

alwayschaos Tue 28-May-13 12:13:11

congrats futterby grin

iv booked an apointment for next week at the docs as if the test is still negative or AF arrives then i think im def coming down with something sad
if feel so ill this morning. i couldnt sleep then ovetr slept woke up and wanted to go back to bed. my head hurts i feel sick still got slight cramps boobs are still sore my ears sound like im hearing through a very bad speeker (if that makes sense) sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now