Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in abdomen... normal?

(3 Posts)
Futterby Mon 27-May-13 19:15:23

I'm 13+2 with my first and as of today I've started to get a sharp stabbing pain at the bottom left of my abdomen. It doesn't feel like ligaments. It's not severe but it's so sharp that it makes me shiver, which is a bit weird.

Anyone else experienced this?

RJM17 Mon 27-May-13 19:17:02

No experience sorry but maybe u should contact your midwife and just check that its nothing to worry about x

Badgerwife Mon 27-May-13 21:18:07

It's not unheard of, I've had stabbing pains like that at various stages of pregnancy, and it can be ligaments or just general loosening of the general area, or whatever changes your body is going through at the time. The aches and pains are part and parcel of pregnancy, and can be a bit weird at times.
That said, I'd call the community midwives to put your mind at rest, it's always better to be safe than sorry (the number should be in the front page of your notes).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now