Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

so tired - is it normal?

(17 Posts)
cazrobinson Mon 27-May-13 16:27:56

Hi. new to mums net. Is it bad to be constantly tired. Am 11 weeks pregnant and can't find ways of not being tired. Any tips appreciated as working in busy environment and haven't told anyone yet as waiting for scan for all to be ok. Look forward to hearing from you.

TiredyCustards Mon 27-May-13 16:31:24

Hi op, welcome to MN!
Could you have a virus? I had a couple while pregnant with dc2 and it didn't occur to me at first, I thought it was just pregnancy.

cazrobinson Mon 27-May-13 16:32:42

don't feel unwell just feel tired - having scan next week so will see what they say - thanks for the welcome

NewChoos Mon 27-May-13 16:34:44

I was exhausted until about 13 weeks, the middle bit is quite good!

cazrobinson Mon 27-May-13 16:37:57

thanks newchoos for the sanity check

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 27-May-13 16:40:20

Welcome and congrats OP
I was shattered during those early weeks I think I went to bed most night by 8 it does ease off after the first couple months and by 2nd trimester you'll feel much more energetic its very normal to feel tired dont worry

roofio87 Mon 27-May-13 16:50:51

I felt exhausted through the first 14 weeks too. am 21 weeks now and feel much better although I slept in today till 10,just had an hours nap and will happily be back in bed at 10 tonight!! not much advice I'm afraid, but hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!

AmandaPayneNeedsANap Mon 27-May-13 16:57:32

Oh, I had this too. Both pregnancies. So exhausted that I seriously contemplated (i) lying down on the pavement whilst waiting for a bus; and (ii) sleeping on the sofa because the stairs seemed soooooo far.

The good news is that it lifted by the start of the second trimester, so you might be almost there. The middle one is generally pretty good, so try and enjoy that bit!

Oh, and since I assume this is your first, enjoy the unfettered right to nap, lie in, go to bed early, etc when not at work. That chance doesn't come with the second and boy do I regret feeling guilty and forcing myself to do things now!

Hubb Mon 27-May-13 17:30:10

Hello I am 11 weeks as well and have been extremely tired 24/7 since 6 weeks. Unfortunately everyone tells me it's normal. I have no tips to help..looking forward to the middle bit newchoos mentions!

HeffalumpTheFlump Mon 27-May-13 20:06:48

I was like this at 11 weeks too, it really lifted by about 14 weeks and I have been feeling pretty normal since (now at 20 weeks). Try to get early nights, there is no point trying to fight it! Congratulations smile

motherinferior Mon 27-May-13 20:12:02

Totally normal!

TinyCC Mon 27-May-13 20:20:26

I'm nearly 21 weeks and still constantly tired. I'm not sure if that's because I've been ridiculously busy at work though. Sorry!

sparkle12mar08 Mon 27-May-13 20:27:58

I felt exhausted at that stage too. Between 9 and 14 weeks it was as if someone had hit me with a sledgehammer. Dreadful. I remember having two 2hr naps every weekend day and still going to bed at about 8 every night. Work days felt like 80hrs not 8! It will pass eventually, so just be as kind to yourself as possible for now, and commit to as little as possible too.

CitizenOscar Mon 27-May-13 20:47:25

Yes, normal, you're growing a human being in there - it's hard work on your body!

sjuperyoni Mon 27-May-13 20:49:19

Most people overcome the tiredness around the start of the second trimester so you should be well on your way soon smile although i'm 29 weeks with my third and only this past 2 weeks have come over it but it's only dds that tire me out i was wildly hyper when pg with ds grin

AnythingNotEverything Mon 27-May-13 21:03:26

Beat with it - I was the same. Your placenta will take over some of the hard work any day now, and you should start to feel much better.

I'm now 20 weeks and occasionally manage to see midnight (if only on a weekend!).

Tulipsandbuttercups Tue 28-May-13 08:33:33

Hi I am new to mumsnet. I am only 8+3 with my first and I am sooooo tired, luckily my OH has worked all weekend so I have been able to sleep quite a bit. Can't wait till second trimester to hopefully start feeling normal again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now