Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I just found out I'm five months pregnant

(8 Posts)
22Amanda Mon 27-May-13 14:34:20

Hi all. I found out yesterday that I must be anywhere from 19-22 weeks pregnant. The Red Cross called about my blood donation from last month, telling me I shouldn't be donating while pregnant. Since it's a holiday, my obgyn isn't open. I am scared that something may be wrong with the baby, as i haven't felt any movement, I still had light periods, or what I thought were periods. I have had an occasional drink the past five months. Please advise!

JeremyPiven Mon 27-May-13 14:46:29

Have you any other children? If not then with a first PG you often don't feel/recognise movement till a bit later. I wouldn't worry about the odd drink.
How are you feeling (apart from surprised!)?

AnnoyedAtWork Mon 27-May-13 14:49:36

Don't worry, it's pointless. I had quite a few drinks in the first few weeks of pg as i had no idea. baby is now 8 yrs old and fit as a fiddle.

Call the dr tomorrow and make an appointment. They will book you in for a scan etc and you will know more precisely dates.

Congratulations btw! grin

funkypigeon Mon 27-May-13 14:57:46

Wow, congrats! Don't worry about the odd drink-,it's prolonged and heavy drinking that causes problems. Just get in touch with your doctor ASAP.

Soupqueen Mon 27-May-13 15:12:10

I'm 20 weeks today and not feeling movements (I don't think, possibly...), I have an anterior placenta and it's my first so quite normal.

Lots of people who know they're pregnant have the occasional drink, so don't worry. Apart from anything else, worry can't undrink the alcohol!

There is a due in October thread in antenatal clubs, do pop in and say hello, it's great for advice from people at the same stage.

crazyhead Mon 27-May-13 15:36:17

My mum had the same with me, what seemed to be periods continuing and only found out about pg at 5-6 months. TBH early movement is fairly indistinct - I don't think I'd notice it if I didn't know I was pregnant. And what you've drunk doesn't sound a problem. Get to the doc I guess

22Amanda Mon 27-May-13 15:44:50

Hi all, thanks for all your support. @JeremyPiven - it's my first child. We are very shocked and surprised. My fiance is in the Marine Corps, so he is actually 3000 miles away, so I feel so alone :[ But I know we can do it!

I have been on birth control for the past five months, and take a low dose anxiety medicine. Hoping everything is alright, but I feel a lot better about the drinking.

Thanks <3

SlowJinn Mon 27-May-13 15:51:25

Congratulations!! I didn't find out my second daughter was on the way until 19 weeks - it made for a very short pregnancy. She is absolutely fine, despite the fact I had made serious inroads into several bottles of red wine whilst on holiday in France.
blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now