Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre-labour or really weird stomach bug?!

(8 Posts)
Jojobump1986 Mon 27-May-13 13:46:30

I'm 38+6 & had about an hour of regular-ish contractions at 3-5 minute intervals lasting about 55s each last night. I got up to go to the toilet & the contractions died down but I started shivering. That stopped when I got back into bed but I had a couple of weak, sporadic contractions before eventually falling asleep.

So far today I've had a couple of BHs & a few shivery moments but <TMI warning> my bowels are looser than usual & need emptying regularly. I'm also feeling rather sick but I don't feel 'ill' as such! confused I've not eaten anything odd but I've not had a show or any obvious gushes of water, both of which I had before contractions started with DS1.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with myself now! Part of me says I should just carry on as normal & see what happens but then maybe I should be trying to have a nap incase this is it! Or perhaps I should have a bath? Or maybe wait until contractions start? Or go for a walk? Bounce on the ball? Watch TV?!

At least last time my first symptom was my waters gushing so I knew labour was imminent! I really don't like all this symptom spotting! <Sigh> It's probably just a weird blip & I'll still be pregnant in 3 weeks time having to repeatedly tell them I don't want to be induced!

Futterby Mon 27-May-13 18:26:22

No advice (I'm 13+2 with my first) but I would suggest a call to your midwife. Just in case. flowers

Pancakeflipper Mon 27-May-13 18:29:46

It sounds like labour could be starting and your body is clearing out the poo.

I was the same with DS1, felt very sick then world be fine, then urgent loo dashes. My waters had to broken by the MW when we got to hospital.

If its labour, lots of luck !

Badgerwife Mon 27-May-13 20:18:37

sounds like the beginning of labour to me too but it could be a while. I certainly wouldn't be worried at this stage. Forget the walking, I'd have a bath and take a nap. Hopefully you won't have the show in the bath, that would be a bit gross. grin

Keep us posted and good luck!

AnnoyedAtWork Mon 27-May-13 20:20:38

I had diarrhoea 24h before dd was born. Apparently it's quite common just before labour. Good luck!

Jojobump1986 Mon 27-May-13 20:39:30

Badger that's exactly what I did! grin

Nothing exciting to report yet. A few BHs this afternoon but my digestive system seems to have settled down again. I'm sort of hoping that things start happening tonight so DH doesn't have to go to work tomorrow but I've also decided that I don't want to go into labour at all, ever. I'm quite happy with just one child so DS2 can stay put! wink

Badgerwife Mon 27-May-13 20:52:14

I hear you, I'm 36+3 with DD2 and starting to panic about having to go through that again

joanna1990marie Tue 28-May-13 11:27:29

I keep having very bad poops and I always think it's a sign, it never has been for me! Must just be all the cucumber I eat during the day! 39+4!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now