Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Permanently hungover!!!

(17 Posts)
blondebaby111 Mon 27-May-13 12:00:29

I'm not obviously shock but that is how I'm feeling...the feeling you get when you have one too many the night before, only this has gone on now for a week...oh the joys!!! I'm very fortunate that I haven't been sick yet tho but tummys rumbling but everything in the fridge/freezer just looks yuk!! Bring on the second trimester.....I can't believe I've still got weeks til my scan...the wait is horrendous!! I just want to see I really do have a baby in there grin and then we can get excited!!!

Madamecastafiore Mon 27-May-13 12:04:49

Am nearly 15 weeks and still feel like this it's shit isn't it!

Fairydogmother Mon 27-May-13 12:13:25

Yip I get that too and I'm 17+1!

cupcake78 Mon 27-May-13 12:38:43

It's like being on board ship with the worst hangover you can have. Day in day outhmm.

It goes and when it does you'll be so so so extremely happy.

You've just got to stick it out and take each day as it comes.

AbiElizabeth Mon 27-May-13 12:48:26

I know that feeling. I'm 10 weeks + 3 and I woke up today feeling much better. I hadn't been able to keep anything down previously but today i've kept everything i've eaten down and actually wanted to eat. It is glorious

SourSweets Mon 27-May-13 12:53:32

I had that exact feeling too, until about 11 weeks and then it suddenly got better. I'm now 30 weeks and can honestly say that (so far) the first trimester is definitely the worst! It's all uphill from here!

blondebaby111 Mon 27-May-13 14:04:01

I hope so!! I'm only 7 weeks so have a long way to go, glad some of you have managed to feel better. I'm normally so full of energy but just simple things like gwtting washing out of the machine, I have to think about it lots before I do it!! Dreading going back to work tomorrow eeek!!!! Although by some of these posts it seems it doesn't always go after 1st trimester, it can carry on longer...oh dear!! Never mind, a few weeks ago I was worrying coz I felt great and thought something could be wrong so I'll embrace all these wonderful symptoms smile

AbiElizabeth Mon 27-May-13 15:56:09

it's a funny thing pregnancy. When you have ms you wish it would go away but as soon as you feel better you worry you have done something wrong. I don't know any other time when I have actually wished I was throwing up again... hmm

Dollybird86 Mon 27-May-13 16:12:14

I'm 19 Weeks & have good days & bad, I was really sick till 16 Weeks but I still have'nt gotten my appetite back most food I still can't really cope with the only thing that helps is water at least 2 liters a day otherwise I feel like death! Try & rest feel better smile

SchroSawMargeryDaw Mon 27-May-13 16:14:24

31+3 here and still feel hungover and now have stingy eyes as if I had been awake all night. sad

Hope you feel better soon.

islingtongirl Mon 27-May-13 17:25:41

Oh yes I had this from about 6-8 weeks or so, for me it did ease off, hope it does for you too! I found second trimester a lot better, more energy etc. just about starting 3rd now (just over 27 weeks) and wondering if the "honeymoon" days of second tri are about to end!

Quodlibet Mon 27-May-13 18:52:36

I feel your pain too. 11 weeks here and still plagued by overwhelming urge to lie down on the sofa and do nothing for large parts of the day. I have described it as the feeling of a hangover after 5 days trudging through mud at a music festival - just bushed! I am so so hoping that it lifts a bit with the second tri.

Norfolknway Mon 27-May-13 21:30:18

This is EXACTLY how I describe how I feel!
I'm 17 weeks and it comes and goes...mainly comes thoughhmm

No sickness, just feel dog rough smile

I'm waiting for the blooming/ energetic phase...doubtful with DD1 to run after this time round

elsabel Mon 27-May-13 21:48:50

I feel like this and im 39 weeks! Even have the dry, bad taste in mouth you get when hungover! Feels very unfair!

Nicola290 Tue 28-May-13 12:00:35

Hi, I saw this and thought god that's how I feel! I feel permanently hungover every day. I feel constantly sick and sometimes I am sick.
At work today I have thrown up about 4 times and feel dreadful but I just have to manage as best I can. Just started this job a month ago so don't want to draw attention to myself but it's so hard to hide this constant sickness feeling and then actually being sick.

Haven't heard anything yet but I expect the midwife will call me soon for a booking appointment and then let me know when the first scan date is.

Also, I keep stressing about whether my baby is ok and if it's healthy etc? I have read so many horror stories on pregnancy forums about miscarriages and missed miscarriages and how a heartbeat isn't always detected at the first scan. I think I am doing everything I can to ensure my pregnancy is healthy but as it's my first time I don't know if I am doing anything wrong?? Sorry I know I sound crazy xxx

WinkyWinkola Tue 28-May-13 12:05:24

It's so hard feeling like this all the time.

I felt like this for 20 weeks with each of my three sons. My pgy with dd was a breeze.

It will pass. Just sleep as much as you possibly can.

blondebaby111 Tue 28-May-13 13:33:15

Nicola, I feel exactly like you, so scared until I have a scan. Got midwife app at the weekend but I've got at least another 4 or 5 weeks til scan unless by some miracle I get an early one. I just don't know how I'd feel if it was mmc, I keep reading up on this too...must be so awful!
I'm with you quod about the music festival bit...that's how it feels! We have weekend tickets for a festival later on this year and friends are pushing us to go still (they've never been preg) but my god..you need lots of energy for festivals and I don't have it plus its not really ideal is it for a preg woman x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now