Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby monitors - hard of hearing mummy!

(4 Posts)
Peabody25 Sun 26-May-13 20:42:33

We're expecting DC1 in September. I'm hard of hearing and wear two hearing aids. I can hear fine with these during the day but at night have to take them out to sleep!

Have a DH who's quite a light sleeper, but so that he doesn't always have to wake me to do feeds (aiming to breastfeed initially), are there any mums/mums to be out there in the same situation? Which monitor have you got/ would you recommend?

fridayfreedom Sun 26-May-13 20:47:58

My friend who is a midwife said she supported a woman who was deaf. She wore a bracelet that vibrated when the alarm went off. Not certain where she got it but there are devices out there which could help.
Good luck with your baby

getoffthecoffeetable Sun 26-May-13 20:49:30

I'm not in the same situation and I apologise if this is a silly idea, but you can also set a lot of monitors to vibrate as well when the baby works, would this be an option at all? Tomy definitely do this function, not sure of any makes.
Congratulations on the new addition!

SpottyTeacakes Sun 26-May-13 20:51:10

My friend uses a sound and lights one, even when asleep the flashing would wake her up, sorry if that's a really silly idea for you, she also has two hearing aids so similar position smile

Vibrations sound like they might be better though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now