Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 14 weeks :(

(26 Posts)
LuckySocks13 Sun 26-May-13 19:10:58

Anyone had this and everything been ok. Am petrified after several miscarriages. Just off to a and e sad

beginnings Sun 26-May-13 19:19:20

No experience but didn't want to leave your post unanswered. Very best of luck LuckySocks flowers

lukymum Sun 26-May-13 19:20:34

Hope it works out ok. Don't have any advice x

Kafri Sun 26-May-13 19:23:10

keeping my fingers crossed for you Lucky

I had a bleed at 6weeks and ended up back at my IVF clinic for checks - saw a tiny tiny hb flickering away but I carried on bleeding on and off for a couple of weeks. Was worried sick every time it happened. It was always dark brown rather than fresh. Sonographer said she could see the bleed but that it wasn't too close to baby and to keep an eye on amount etc...

I'm typing this while watching DH giving out 5m DS his bedtime feed so it's not always bad news.

Good luck, i'll be thinking of you xxx

RJM17 Sun 26-May-13 19:23:12

Good luck xx

looneytune Sun 26-May-13 19:24:51

I had a little blood every few days from weeks 14 - 22 and never found out why but all was fine and I'm now 36+6. Will keep everything crossed for you x

Whatalotofpiffle Sun 26-May-13 19:28:04

I bled for a week at 10 weeks. Suspected implantation bleed maybe but when I went to docs they had no real finite reason
Good luck x

MephistophelesSister Sun 26-May-13 19:34:44

I had a Heavy bleed at 19 weeks (close to needing transfusion heavy) followed by odd spots for a few weeks after. Went to 41 weeks in the end though, had to be induced - something certainky stuck well!!!

It isn't always terrible news, but is awful to go through. Wishing you luck smile

Dolallytats Sun 26-May-13 19:53:18

I had extremely heavy bleeding throughout my pregnancy from around then. I ended up having to stay in hospital for most of the pregnancy and on bed rest when I was allowed home. It started as a low-lying placenta, but even after it moved up, the bleeding continued.

My DS is now a very lovely and cheeky 5 year old. I know it is scary (especially after you have had miscarriages)and I won't pretend I can predict your outcome, but bleeding does not always mean the worst news.

I really hope everything is ok for you.

Rikalaily Sun 26-May-13 20:00:05

I had a bleed with my first at 13 weeks. Everything was fine and no reason was found for the bleed. He did arrive early at 35 weeks but everything was normal up until then. Thinking of you x

Hopingforno2 Sun 26-May-13 20:48:34

Yes bloody cm quite alot from 9 weeks 1st proper bleed at 14 weeks then on and off till 32ish weeks the resulting dd is now a grumpy 7 week old lol

Kafri Sun 26-May-13 21:04:53

Hoping - I hear you on the grumpy - my 5m DS is the grumpiest baby alive, I swear. From a week in neo with an infection at birth to awful reflux/tummy troubles and colic as a tiny, to cutting 2 teeth at 16 weeks and now 2 more at 22 weeks and he must have broken some sort of record for his screaming!!

PickleSarnie Mon 27-May-13 18:41:50

I had absolutely shed loads at about 11 weeks. Stood up from bed and it gushed all over the floor. Continued to bleed very heavily for two days then brown sludge for another couple of weeks . They found a fairly massive haematoma to be the cause of it. It was still there (but much smaller ) at my 20 week scan.

Rest of my pregnancy was very uneventful and he was born ar home at 39+5 perfectly healthy.

Fingers crossed all is well with you too.

Jollyb Mon 27-May-13 18:50:22

Yes - I has a big bleed at 10 weeks and fingers crossed all is ok.
I've also had several MCs so know how worried you must be sad

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 18:53:22

I had a bleeding scare 2weeks ago (now 17wks) I can understand how scared you must be.... I was in pieces, mines was a very light bleed, so was told not to go in to hosp, was yours heavy? Has it stopped?

I wish you all the best sadthanksthanksthanksthanks

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 18:55:34

Ps, my bleeding subsided and although no explanation given i understand it is common x

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 27-May-13 19:34:46

Hope you're ok, lucky xxx

LuckySocks13 Mon 27-May-13 20:26:38

Hi no more today. I was given an anti d injection and and internal examination which has scared me as I'm worried will cause more bleeding. Got to wait for a call regarding a scan tomorrow due to bank holiday. Feel so drained after having previous losses. Just want everything to be ok. Thank you all for your replays x

Jollyb Tue 28-May-13 17:51:20

How did you scan go Lucky Socks? X

Startail Tue 28-May-13 18:02:09

Hand holding and good wishers, both my little darlings decided to scare me like this. They are sitting next to me messing about on lap tops.

MilesFlora Tue 28-May-13 19:03:34

Hi Luckysocks

I had a bleed at 17 weeks, bright red blood, not a huge amount, but enough for me to get a scan as soon as I could. Turned out to be bleeding outside of womb and baby was fine. Hope your scan goes ok. flowers

LuckySocks13 Wed 29-May-13 07:03:39

Had a scan yesterday an all seemed ok but have bleed twice since sad so petrifying! Thank you all for taking the time to reply. It's very much appreciated x

LittleNightin Wed 29-May-13 08:13:22

Hi Luckysocks13 glad your scan went well. I'm 14 weeks & had 2 big bleeds, 1 being last week. both times had scan, baby was fine. they thought the bleeding could be from polyps either had before or being pregnant makes them bigger & they could just pop causing a bleed, I was also told my bleed could of been caused because just below your cervix the blood increases & collects & sometimes it just releases & you get suddenly a lot of blood. It is terrifying, both times my bleeding's gone on for over a good 12 yrs going from gushes to just when i wipe, they happened to me last Wednesday & i'm still spotting on & off since.x

LuckySocks13 Wed 29-May-13 09:23:24

Thanks littlnight. It's so petrifying isn't it sad I just want to take my baby home x

LittleNightin Wed 29-May-13 09:34:25

I know, everyone keeps telling me to relax & enjoy being pregnant but every time I start to I have another bleed. Had bleeding on & off since 6wks & then two very big bleeds, one the day before my 12wk scan & the one last week. I don't think i'll truly be able to relax until I have me baby in my arms.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now