Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

SPD and optimal fetal positioning

(10 Posts)
kayzed Wed 24-May-06 17:06:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

morningpaper Wed 24-May-06 17:16:26

I had SPD and never found any positions with OFP which caused any problems. What positions are causing problems?

kayzed Wed 24-May-06 17:23:28

morningpaper Wed 24-May-06 21:03:54

Have you tried one of those special z-shaped back chairs where you sort of kneel?

kayzed Thu 25-May-06 16:50:50

Littlefish Thu 25-May-06 17:11:12

I had SPD and an anterior placenta. I spent a lot of time on all fours, leaning over/on a bean bag. Fine if you are at home - not so good at work!!!! Have you started your maternity leave yet?

A good tip I was given is to put a carrier bag on your car seat. It makes it much easier to get in with your knees together and then pivot round as the bag slides over the seat.

morningpaper Thu 25-May-06 17:17:52

Kayzed it might be worth asking around to see if you could borrow one from someone

I found it v helpful esp. at work

kayzed Thu 25-May-06 17:47:41

kate100 Thu 25-May-06 18:13:06

I had SPD when pregnant with ds2. DS1 was posterior and was desparate to avoid that again, I spent a lot of time on my birthing ball and hanging over the front of it, I'm sire it helped get ds2 in the right position and he was a nice straight forward delivery

kayzed Thu 25-May-06 20:12:06

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: