Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

twins, one with club feet, any advice?

(5 Posts)
ladyneshka Sat 25-May-13 23:13:21

Hi,
I am due in August with twin girls. One of them has bilateral talipes (club foot). It took me a while to get used to the fact that my little girl will wear casts and then special boots for first few months (Ponseti method). Any advice from some of you who have been there? I am planning to breastfeed. Can you feed both at the same time? I also have a 3year old boy..... I am soooooo scared!!!
I live in South London, any advice on best place to get Ponseti treatment?
Many thanks,

mousebacon Sun 26-May-13 08:45:35

I think you'll get more replies if you repost this I the twins / multiples section.

Congratulations on your pregnancy - sorry I can't be more help!

Tamof4 Sun 26-May-13 09:14:14

Hi there. I don't have any advice on the club foot, but it sounds as if you'll be in good hands/have the info.
Re breastfeeding, I fed my twins (now 6yrs) for 10 months, with no probs. they either took it in turns or I fed them together in a rugby hold style, but only if I was in bed!
Oh, and you'll figure it out with a 3 yr old. I had a 5 and 2 yr old when the twins came along. I think the breastfeeding hormones kept me going! All the best

TheOrchardKeeper Sun 26-May-13 09:20:47

DS has clubfoot. I strongly suggest you join Steps. Just google search them. Their talk forum is so useful smile also, time flies and before you know it they're walking just fine and only in the boots at night. Good luck!

TheOrchardKeeper Sun 26-May-13 09:28:18

here you go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now