Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help? Pregnancy tests are driving me insane. I'm going crazy.

(13 Posts)
SiobhanLowe Sat 25-May-13 22:34:29

Right, I've taken 3 test. Two really cheap ones that both came back negative. And then the digital one came back positive. I'm so confused. I don't know what to think. This is my first time at this sort of thing....

Help? Anyone? Please I'm going mad...

Irishfairy Sat 25-May-13 22:46:50

Congratulations, you are pregnant! You can get false negatives for numerous reasons but not false positives. So a positive is a positive and most likely the cheaper tests were not sensitive to pick up on the pregnancy hormone especially if you are testing quite early.

Titsalinabumsquash Sat 25-May-13 22:49:23

I got negatives with cheapy stick tests right up until 8 weeks, a clear blue gave me a positive 1-2 weeks the day before my period was due. That 'positive' is now 6 months old grin

SiobhanLowe Sat 25-May-13 23:03:50

Thanks you've put my mind at ease. I was goin mad. My mum seems to think I've got a false positive. But I'm going to the docs on Monday just to confirm it. Thank you! smile

moominlike Sun 26-May-13 05:06:30

Congratulations smile I don't think drs generally do blood tests to verify, and will just do the same sort of test you've done. When I phoned mine this week they said the home tests are so accurate now they just accept your result.

Yonionekanobe Sun 26-May-13 08:35:48

GP didn't test with either DD or this pregnancy.

But definitely no such thing as a false positive so congratulations thanks

SiobhanLowe Sun 26-May-13 09:26:08

Is it bad I'm starting to bleed a little?

OurJourney Sun 26-May-13 10:47:26

congratulations. I know how you feel. I am currently around 8 weeks pregnant. Me and my partner have been trying for a couple of months and buying boots cheap own tests (nothing against them and i say cheap as they are a lot cheaper). But this time i was "feeling" pregnant so i bough a clear blue and it came back positive. I had two in the box so did another...and yep..still positive... smile

I actually wrote about it here:
bothsidesofthebump.com/her-posts/2013/5/14/early-birthday-present

Congratulations and stay in touch

Sara

WeeS Sun 26-May-13 22:17:14

Hi Siobhan,
Just read through your thread & saw your last comment from this morning. You ought to call your doctor or nhs 24 if you are bleeding a little. Bleeding can happen in the early stages of pregnancy so don't worry too much but defo best you let a doctor know just so you can be checked over. They may want to scan you to see if everything is ok.
Let us know how you get on.

ItCameFromOuterSpace Mon 27-May-13 13:00:43

Op have you tried testing with another digital today nd also a first response early test?

There's no such thing as a false positive (unless you have miscarried not that long before and then tested, sometimes the hog hormones stay) but in your case it sounds like you are indeed pregnant!

SiobhanLowe Wed 29-May-13 01:39:38

I've been bleeding heavily since Sunday now. And it's just finally stopped. I went to my doctors and he didn't seem that bothered he just put me in for a blood test :/ I think in all fairness ive lost it :/

Longfufu Wed 29-May-13 07:31:23

Siobhan I'm sorry flowers wait for the results...you never know x

WeeS Wed 29-May-13 08:14:13

hmm Siobhan, sending you hugs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now