Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SPD-will i need crutches?experiences please?

(4 Posts)
sarahleanne Sat 25-May-13 20:31:05

Hi.... Im pregnant with baby no.3. I suffered with fairly bad spd with my 2nd and 18months on I still have pains if ive been on a long walk or something like that.I went to the doctors a few months back and he showed me some exercises to do but he mentioned that if I had anymore children in the future i'd probably be on crutches towards the end???
Anyone else suffered with this??? I cant be on crutches when I have 2 kids to run around after and dh works away a lot.Im only 6 weeks at the moment so im dreading the pain in the 2nd/3rd trimester.

harrygracejessica Sun 26-May-13 08:46:15

I had SPD with all 3 pregnancies and was on crutches for the 2nd and 3rd. With the 3rd I ended up bedridden too (2nd and 3rd were both twins) so the last lot killed me off. I was bedridden with 3 kids that were only 3 and the twins were 2. You learn to do things that suit you. The best thing I did was after the boys arrived I went to a chiro and got fixed properly and I've been fine since :-)

sarahleanne Sun 26-May-13 10:41:06

Hi , that's really good to hear u r fixed now. Gives me some hope!! The bedridden part scares me, as dh works away a lot for weeks at a time!! Although I know my family will rally around if I need them to. I also wasn't working with last pregnancy and this time I am so will be on my feet a lot more. Really hoping to work up until the last minute but if I end up on crutches that will prove impossible.

LadyMedea Sun 26-May-13 11:42:03

Get referred to physio now to try and help whatever way they can. It's Swiss balls all the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now