Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

first stretchmarks at 39+5!!

(5 Posts)
littlemonkeychops Sat 25-May-13 16:10:45

Sneaky b**tards! They were planning a last minute assault all along weren't they??!

Humph.

sydlexic Sat 25-May-13 16:13:45

To be honest I don't think you see them until the balloon is deflated.

MummyAbroad Sat 25-May-13 16:14:54

I got mine right at the end too - "overtime" in fact, 40 weeks plus.

If its any consolation, now (4 years and another pregnancy later) my friends tell me they can hardly see mine,and they do seem less noticeable compared to other ladies I've seen.

littlemonkeychops Sat 25-May-13 16:21:50

I'm going to pretend they're just veins, or that my toddler has had the crayons out. Didn't get them first time around so maybe i brought this on myself by thinking the other day how i'd escaped again. Either that or this baby is much bigger than DD......please god no!!

cantreachmytoes Sat 25-May-13 16:23:39

I got mine at 40 weeks. They had a big flipping party between then and 42 weeks when DS came. My skin was so tight I literally felt like i was ripping apart. I had no idea they could actually hurt! I'd been checking every day before that and DH checked too and there really weren't any before. They weren't so noticeable after, although my belly did (does) look like a shrivelled prune, which I put down to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now