Talk

Advanced search

pregnant again already! ah!

(14 Posts)
islasmummy2013 Sat 25-May-13 15:28:53

Hello!
I have just found out I'm pregnant, around 5 weeks I think, the catch is
..my daughter is only 4 months old! I have been on the pill and can count my sexual encounters since dd on one hand! So this really was ment to be!
Once I'm over the initial shock I will be thrilled I'm sure, however for the time being some reassurance from other mums with a 1 year old a newborn would be kindly appreciated!

I no I can do this and that my children will be best friends its just kind of scary!

BluddyNora Sat 25-May-13 15:32:36

This was me last year! Mine are now 3 and 16 months. It's tough at first but you adjust. Just try and be organised- I wasn't!

5kidsnobump Sat 25-May-13 20:36:09

This happened to me - pregnant when DD was 3 months old - there ended up being 11 months between them, DS has just turned 6 today and DD will not be 7 for another 3 weeks, so I have two 6 year olds in the house!

People tend to think you are nuts, but although it's hard work when they are babies I think it is easier having them close together as you haven't really got out of the whole 'baby stage'. Now my oldest 2 play brilliantly together!

It couldn't have been that bad anyway - we now have 5 DC'sgrin. Congratulations - I'm sure things will be fine!

BigBongTheory Sat 25-May-13 20:46:54

The good news is that after having a baby and being heavily pregnant, having a newborn and a one year old will feel like a breeze smile.

Congratulations!

pinkteapot Sat 25-May-13 21:05:06

i'm with bingbong on this - easier have a small toddler and newborn than baby and pregnant. I've a 3 yo, 2 yo, 1 yo, and now 39 weeks with dc 4, so hey it cant be so bad!! Its hard work, def be organised as a pp said, I admit I have no life, BUT they are super together and I have no regrets. you will manage 2 little ones same as you discovered you could manage one. good luck, it will be sooo worth it. x

EmmaThomson999 Sat 25-May-13 21:54:35

I just had a baby wedensday and the week before that my other daughter had turned 2 not so bad now but next year I will have to buy presents for both in just a week

Myliferocks Sat 25-May-13 21:56:44

I have 19 mths between DC2 and 3, 15 months between DC3 and 4 and 13 months between DC4 and DC5.
It was a lot easier when they were babies compared to now they are 12, 11, 9 and 8.

tiredteddy Sat 25-May-13 22:07:28

There's only 13 months between my sister and I and we were best if friends as children and still very close now. It was a great way to grow up at such a similar stage as my sister.

harrygracejessica Sun 26-May-13 08:41:56

There is 15 months between my eldest and our twin girls. Organisation is the key :-)

MurtleTheTurtle Sun 26-May-13 10:08:50

I'm in the same boat - found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago when ds3 was just over 4 months old! Baby no 4 will be born a couple of weeks after ds3s 1st birthday. I'm going to have 4dcs, 2 of which will be babiesshock I am scared. I'm sure we'll cope though.

islasmummy2013 Sun 26-May-13 12:09:00

Thank you for everyone's replies! I'm much more at ease now! Might have to practice my organisational skills as I'm extremely useless in that department,
At least I have the fun task of picking a double pram hehe smile

Bowlersarm Sun 26-May-13 12:13:06

That would have been my gaps had I had my way. DH had other ideas and smallest gap was 21 months grrr.

However! My friend has three with 12 month gaps between them all. It was fine, and how she planned it.

ladythatlunches Sun 26-May-13 17:47:20

This happened to me. My dc was 8 weeks old when I found out I was pregnant. We had twins!!! Dc was 11 months old when twins were born. It's lots of fun.

islasmummy2013 Sun 26-May-13 20:39:44

Oh lady, that must of been a shock when you found out it was twins! Double blessing and double trouble!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now