Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How far along am I?

(5 Posts)
Ellarosejay Sat 25-May-13 14:37:49

Hi

I know this is probably a very silly question but I'm very frustrated. I am currently pregnant with my 3rd child. We have moved to a different area from having the other two and the maternity service seems to be ever so slow and relaxed compared to what I'm used to.

I have pcos so have very irregular periods the last six months of cycles ranged from 62 days to 31 days so is impossible to track, anyway last period was 5th marxh lasting four days, in april two weeks after my period was 'due' I took a test which was negative, two weeks later still no period and feeling strange I took another which was positive, then another to confirm.

By my last period I should be 11-12 weeks now but the test was negative two weeks after period would have been due if I was regular do you think it was to early or is it impossible to say due to my messed up body?

I am seeing my midwife for the booking in finally next week so goodness knows when ill actually get a dating scan date probably closer to 20 weeks at the rate they seem to go round here!

Thanks

Jay

Locketjuice Sat 25-May-13 14:47:38

Could you not just get the clearblue which will tell you how many weeks, I don't know about pcos but your dates all sound very confusing, if not I hope someone comes along and helps soon! smile

Kayshields Sat 25-May-13 14:53:51

I had the same thing happen to me, id missed three periods and was convinced I was over 12 weeks but when I went for the dating scan I was only seven weeks.. I guess you just have to wait to see the scan.

1sttimetryer Sat 25-May-13 15:46:23

I also have pcos and unless you know when you ovulated it is hard to know how far gone you are. You would be between 4-5 weeks pregnant when you got the positive test i would guess so add on however many weeks ago that was. That would be a rough guess, only a scan would tell. I monitor my cycles so can always tell the exact date i ovulate :-)

mummywarren1 Wed 29-May-13 08:48:44

I know it's really frustrating. I know when I ovulated and therefore know roughly when I conceived. The clearblue date test agrees with me but my doctors want to to go by the date of my last period. i have 41 day cycle so they say I am 8 weeks pregnant when I know I'm only 4! Mental. I am hoping that a scan will confirm me right so I hope that can work for you too.

It is confusing me though because all the books I look at with develop[ment dates on suggest adding 2 weeks to what think I am because they are based on a normal 28 day cycle - so at 4 weeks they say you only conceived 2 weeks ago!!??? I'm with you Ellarosejay and I have no clue officially how far gone I am according to doctors and books. Its a jungle to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now