Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm sitting on a gym ball

(6 Posts)
Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Fri 24-May-13 22:17:41

Can anyone remind me why, please? <baby brain>

Am 38 weeks and I think I'm doing it to encourage DC2 into a good position for birth. Was hoping to avoid a second back to back labour.

Does that sound right to anyone?

preggersbycheggers Fri 24-May-13 22:29:11

Yes. It's good to have your knees lower than your hips.

Don't slouch and lean forward slightly.

I have the same issue. My baby had turned to a better position on Tuesday but I fear I can feel a knee again at the front. I have already had one back to back labour and want to avoid another!

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Fri 24-May-13 22:31:34

Thanks - just wanted a bit of reassurance I wasn't making it up!

Sitting on the ball makes baby wriggle like crazy, am hoping that's a good omen as MW today seemed to think baby isn't currently B2B. Fingers crossed....

curlyclaz13 Fri 24-May-13 23:07:14

makes me need a wee even more than usual and helps with trapped wind. should be on it now but the sofa is soooo comfy.

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Fri 24-May-13 23:10:34

YY to needing to wee....

My sofa is no longer comfy. The only comfy places in the world are bed or a dining chair right now.

This is soooo my last pregnancy ever!

adagio Fri 24-May-13 23:20:59

I did an exercise sort of yoga-ish to encourage the baby into the right direction, shown it as part of the Daisy birthing antenatal classes.

Went on all fours then bum back to heels and scrape belly along the floor lifting shoulders…much easier to be shown than describe!

Try spinning babies website for better exercises and descriptions; FWIW my baby went from transverse at 37 weeks to head down normal delivery at 40+3. Could be coincidence though..

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now