Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I having a miscarriage?

(6 Posts)
Tanksforthat Fri 24-May-13 20:52:53

Everything was ok on a scan at 7 weeks. I started bleeding 3 days later and have now done so for 5 days. Bit of backache and stomach pains but this could just be normal. The bleeding is not heavy and is brown, and is mostly in the mornings.
The not really knowing is doing my head in, as most advice is very conflicted.
The hospital said it is likely I am having a miscarriage and to take a test and see my GP in a couple of weeks.
Anyone been through similar?

PicardyThird Fri 24-May-13 20:56:00

They should offer to scan you. I'm sorry they have treated you so badly, leaving you in limbo sad

It's impossible to say from your post whether you are having a mc or not. Brown blood is generally not fresh blood. But tbh all bleeding in pg should be checked out. Does your hospital have an early pregnancy unit? You should try and push for another scan.

Hope all turns out well.

vix206 Fri 24-May-13 21:08:35

OP I'm sorry to read this. I went through this in march, I'm sorry to say it did end in MC for me and the midwife, doctors etc. were not in the slightest bit interested and just told me to wait and see. In reality that's all you really can do but it is agonising.

There are, however, so many stories of people bleeding like this and all being well so stay positive and rest up. I hope it all works out well for you.

lucybrad Sat 25-May-13 10:04:40

My advice is to go back to the doctors and ask for some blood tests to see what your HCG levels are doing this should give them an idea if the pregnancy is progressing or not. Don't be fobbed off - its nbot acceptable to leave you wondering. Even though there is little they can do if your are miscarrying, you still need to know. At 7 weeks you could also pay for a private scan (as long as you are certain of your dates) there should be a heartbeat there by now. Good luck.

Tanksforthat Tue 28-May-13 19:23:33

I went to see the GP this morning andthe earliest appointment for a scan is next Monday morning. Was told if anythign changed to go to AandE. A couple of hours later started cramping and bleeding heavily. Think I passed something (didn't feel it, but heard it 'plop' in the toilet - went straight down). Have cramped for a few hours since but starting to feel a bit better know. I guess I have my answer so not bothering with AandE, will go to the appointment on Monday. Do you think I will have much more pain? Thanks for all the replies.

Purplehonesty Tue 28-May-13 19:30:50

Really sorry to hear that. If you are feeling better now it's probable that the worst is over.
Go and get scanned anyway to check everything is okay, they will need to check there isn't anything left there. (sorry)
A horrible experience for you and I know what you are going through. The not knowing was the worst part.
Get plenty rest if you can

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now