Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp stabbing pain in my Fanjo

(14 Posts)
RememberingMyPFEs Fri 24-May-13 11:18:52

Possibly TMI but I've just googled a symptom I've just started to get and scared myself...

I'm getting sharp stabbing pains right inside my fanjo but not like baby kicking my cervix, more on the 'outside' (but still inside IYSWIM) and much much sharper... Dr Google suggests its the cervix starting to dilate (which can happen days or weeks before labour) but EEEEKKKKK :-| Has anyone else had this and should I worry?

30+3

PoseyParker Fri 24-May-13 11:44:57

I've been having these. Dr Google told me is was probably SPD. I'm 35 + 4. Hurts to walk, get out of bed - especially for the loo. Mine are right at the front.

RememberingMyPFEs Fri 24-May-13 11:59:07

Thanks posey - this is further up / inside than SPD I think. Right in my cervix but on the outer edge rather than inside my womb IYSWIM

SPD sounds like no fun - hope you're doing ok!

Missy28 Fri 24-May-13 13:58:04

I'm having this at the mo (I'm 37+5) and saw midwife yesterday who said its partly cervix getting ready and also baby trying to get her head to fit in there!! It hurts and takes me by surprise sometimes but I think it's good to know things are happening smile

Cavort Fri 24-May-13 15:05:42

35+2 and I have been getting this increasingly frequently. Dr Google suggests it is just the baby moving further down rather then dilation. It even has a name - 'lightning crotch' - how appropriate! smile

cupcake78 Fri 24-May-13 15:35:55

Me too (35+3). Been getting niggles for last two weeks in back and pelvis.

I feel very sore and swollen in my fanjo muscles today. Sorry if TMI but discharge has increased alot over last few days and I can feel baby is lower down today than it has been (first day with no heartburn for weeksgrin).

I was about to google it but I'm sure at this stage it means nothing.

MrsBri Fri 24-May-13 15:38:46

I've had this for the last couple of weeks too and I'm 36+1.

Today my baby has managed to coordinate feet in ribs with the fanjo pain. You can't teach skills like that (ouchy!).

MrsBungle Fri 24-May-13 15:39:11

Could it be a varicose vein? I had one when pregnant and it was a sharp shabby feeling and it would all swell up.

MrsBungle Fri 24-May-13 15:39:39

Stabby feeling that should say!

bigkidsdidit Fri 24-May-13 15:40:35

me too, I'm 37.1. It's agony adn makes me catch my breath! But only lasts a few seconds. The bruised ribs are worse <grump>

I hope this means things are happening? At my 36 week appt baby was engaged too. Last time I went to 42 weeks and DS didn't engage till 40 + 10 and I didn't have these pains. I am hopeful this time...

MonstersDontCry Fri 24-May-13 15:44:37

Im 32+2 and I get this too. I remember having this with DC1 so I'm not worried about it.

AlwaysWashing Fri 24-May-13 15:56:21

I used to refer to this as knitting needles - doubled up going round the park DF says "You ok?" Me, "Yep got knitting needles again!". Said grimacing and crossing legs.
Couldn't think how else to describe it. Was from about 32 weeks with DS1 but from about 26 weeks with DS2.
Midwife suggested that it was just my body stretching and adjusting to weight and pressure and preparing itself for birth.....so nothing definite and certainly not imminent labour!
Nothing much helped other than feet up & resting which wasn't possible second time around of course.

RememberingMyPFEs Fri 24-May-13 17:32:43

Thanks everyone! I'm now happy I'm not about to go into labour! Freaked me out earlier...
Good luck to all of you approaching your due dates thanks

joanna1990marie Sat 25-May-13 11:18:01

I had this from about 27 weeks, quite painful, still get it now but worse at 39+1!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now