Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 6 weeks -miscarriage?

(25 Posts)
Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 10:40:49

Yesterday I was feeling nauseous like usual. But today (after sex) last night, I am bleeding. Bright red blood. Am only in the 6th week, so I think there would be no point going for a scan as there'd be nothing to see?

I am losing it, aren't I?

sad

ExpatAl Fri 24-May-13 10:50:14

Not necessarily. Your cervix is much more plumped up with extra blood cells during pregnancy and sex can just knock a blood vessel. Is it a lot of blood and do you have any pain?

Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 10:54:26

Not a lot, it has stopped now. I had period-like pains in the first couple of weeks but not for a while.

Should I take another test/call my doctor?

ExpatAl Fri 24-May-13 11:00:31

I'm not sure your doctor can do anything but do you have a local EPU? They will be able to give you an early scan and give you some idea of what's going on. I really don't think you should assume all is lost right now. Don't despair.

Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 11:05:34

Thank you. I shall try not to!

Fakebook Fri 24-May-13 12:11:25

It's a good sign the bleeding has stopped. I would phone your GP and let them know, they can arrange blood tests and an early scan at your local EPU (early pregnancy unit). Good luck.

Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 13:17:24

My GP called me back and told me to book in with my local EPU (Chelsea and Westminster). The number she gave me was a faxline, so I have called another number from their website, and left an answerphone message. So annoying not to speak to a real person, though. I am guessing there is not much chance they could do a scan today, but I could be there in half an hour if they could. Otherwise it will be after the bank holiday. sad

Would a pregnancy test give me an answer?

BumpAndGrind Fri 24-May-13 13:38:02

Had to add my story as I know how scary this is. I had the exact same thing as you, early scan found baby wad fine. Doctors thing I banned the cervix popping a vessel or something. Call your gp xx

BumpAndGrind Fri 24-May-13 13:38:37

In phone, shit spelling, sorry

knittingirl Fri 24-May-13 13:43:13

I hope you hear from the EPU soon. Sorry but I don't think a pg test would help - as I understand when you miscarry the hormones (enough to trigger a positive test) hang around for a while, so you would almost certainly get a positive test regardless.

A v good sign that the bleeding has stopped though, thinking of you x

dottyme Fri 24-May-13 13:45:52

Hi - I had the same thing at 6 weeks until about 8 weeks,I thought the worst but the scan I had showed a heartbeat and my little boy is now 18 months. I had a haematoma which is why I had the bleeding but it stopped at 8 weeks. It's really scary when you bleed in pregnancy, try to stay calm and positive. I hope you get a scan soon. x

Sunnysummer Fri 24-May-13 13:47:54

it's not be necessarily bad news - I had quite a few red bleeds during pregnancy, but am writing this while feeding our healthy little 4 week old! Hope you can be as calm as possible in the meantime (easier said than done, of course), and best of luck x

Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 13:48:22

Thank you for your positive stories!

How long do the units usually take to get back to you? I feel so impotent.

(Must get a grip).

Mandy21 Fri 24-May-13 13:49:43

I also had bleeding in 6th week - stopped after a day. Went to EPU and they checked my dates and said they couldn't scan me until I was 5+4 (2 days later). Turned out it was twin impantation shock! Good luck, I know how worrying it can be but don't lose heart yet flowers.

FreckledLeopard Fri 24-May-13 13:51:24

I believe St Thomas's hospital in London has a self-referral, walk-in EPU clinic. If you're not too far, perhaps you could go along and get a scan?

Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 13:54:21

Thank you FreckledLeopard. I'll go there now. Fingers crossed!

Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 15:54:11

I have seen a heart beat! So happy and relieved.

RJM17 Fri 24-May-13 15:55:57

Good luck!! It is scary but please don't lose hope. I had bleeding from 5 weeks right up to 12 weeks and the baby is fine and growing well at 14 weeks.
Let us know how u get on and fingers crossed for u. Sending you hugs and lots of luck x

Fakebook Fri 24-May-13 16:43:16

Wow, that was quick! Congratulations! Did they see where the bleed was from or what it might have been?

Horriblefeeling Fri 24-May-13 17:01:36

There is a small spot of blood on the wall of my womb. It might reabsorb, or come out, apparently. No idea of cause.

I am feeling very lucky to be in London surrounded by hospitals today.

RJM17 Fri 24-May-13 17:24:47

Congrats really good news xx

Fakebook Fri 24-May-13 17:43:26

That's good to know, at least if you do bleed again you will be a bit more at ease as to what it is. Yes you are very lucky to be surrounded by good hospitals. Wish there more walk-in EPUs around the country.

honey86 Fri 24-May-13 22:29:57

i had blood right under baby at 6 weeks hun, and it reabsorbed... im 17 weeks today wink hopefully itll be the same with you, fx xx

honey86 Fri 24-May-13 22:32:16

i was told its just loosened endometrium from where it implanted btw x

Futterby Fri 24-May-13 22:56:50

I had bleeding at six weeks, baby is fine and I'm 13 weeks tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now