Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Support for pregnant belly

(7 Posts)
rumtumtugger Thu 23-May-13 22:07:59

Is the anything like a bump sling that i can buy to help support my large and sticky-outy bump to help take some weight and pressure off my spine?

bananananacoconuts Thu 23-May-13 22:18:40

Yes! Although i bought mine 6 years ago! I can't say it was magnificent but better than no support at all! It was called a bump band.
Check ebay/amazon or mothercare/mamas&papas as i'm sure you'll find one.
The ones that cover the whole or most of your bump give the most support in my opinion!

rumtumtugger Thu 23-May-13 23:09:08

Thanks, but...It looks like the bump band goes around the hips too...I have painful hips and have been advised to get something that goes around the waist - kind of like a sling, but not around the hips as it'll make them worse.

Is there any product out there like a sling?

Rockchick1984 Thu 23-May-13 23:34:57

You can buy a woven wrap sling and literally use it like belly binding (there's YouTube vids but I can't link on phone) then use it to carry baby once they arrive smile

Rockchick1984 Thu 23-May-13 23:36:11

Video is by wrapsodybaby if that helps smile

rumtumtugger Thu 23-May-13 23:36:18

Ooh great, I have a didymos, will dig it out!

IndecisivePramBuyer81 Fri 24-May-13 14:26:44

I bought one that sounds just like what you're after from Boots a few wks ago. I can't remember what it's called and the name has rubbed off now but it was the only one they had in the baby/maternity section and cost £10-11. Been a god send!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now