Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to do now?

(6 Posts)
Laura1408 Thu 23-May-13 13:09:19

I have done two pregancy test which are both positive, rang doc, who told me to ring midwives, they then said I could refer myself online for pregancy with worthing hospital. I said great, don't like wasting people's time on phone if I can do something myself! But now what? Have filed in the form, but no email confirming anything, no phone calls, does anyone know what happens next, I'm approx 7 weeks I think, judging by last period.

eltsihT Thu 23-May-13 13:18:43

In my first pregnancy, I was referred to the hospital, who posted out a pack of questions and my 12 week scan date, this was my first appointment. It feels like a really long wait.

Just make sure you are taking your folic acid etc between now and then.

Hopefully someone will come along knowing more about your area

Laura1408 Thu 23-May-13 13:32:33

Thank you, this is my first as well, hence why I'm a bit naive at what happens at this point!
Hopefully I'll get something in the post soon then, it'll prob be tue seen as bank holiday weekend - not sure I can wait that long, am so excited and just want something else to happen now smile

StaceyP85 Thu 23-May-13 13:46:10

I know what you mean. It's quite scary to think we have to wait so long before we get seen by anyone. I live over in Bexhill nr Hastings so not too far from you.

I went to the doctor when I found out which was 5 weeks ago (Im 9 weeks now) and since then I've had nothing.

My scan date came through the post about 3 weeks ago which is on the 18th June, but I have had no contact from a midwife or anything. When i rang the hospital they just said to wait for the midwife to call which she will do 'at some point'

This is my first baby too, and its quite a daunting experience as it is without feeling so alone and deserted by the medical profession.

It seems in the US they get so much more support.

I guess the only thing to do is wait, and see, and look forward to the 12 week scan! smile

Laura1408 Thu 23-May-13 14:47:04

I just don't understand why they don't email at least to say thanks we got your referral online- at least I would be reassured they know I'm in need of a scan and appointment. Oh well, here's to the waiting game!
Good luck with your first scan too! X

Fairy130389 Thu 23-May-13 15:02:56

I'm sure you will hear soon - if you haven't been contacted by 10 weeks then chase it up to make sure you don't miss the scan time. I don't live in that area anymore but grew up in littlehampton and remember Worthing hospital being a bit awkward for some of my friends so definitely chase it up. Congrats! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now