Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confirmed missed miscarriage

(4 Posts)
MrsGiraffe12 Thu 23-May-13 04:50:12

Well this is a follow on from my post last week really.

Had a scan at 8 weeks last Wednesday where they suspected ectopic pregnancy but actually found I may have had a missed miscarriage. Went back yesterday at what should have been 9 weeks for a repeat scan and they confirmed a missed miscarriage at 5 weeks. Feeling heartbroken is an understatement. I'm surprised at the strength of my feelings actually, and also a little grossed out I've been carrying around a dead baby for a month. Hubby has been wonderful last night and I'm going in for an ERPC today so cannot fault my hospitals service. Now I'm scared about surgery etc, and what to expect (the leaflets they give only tell so much) and also worried about the emotional healing too, I feel I'm being judged for crying all the time like I am at the moment. And I'm worried about the effect this will have on DS (4 years old), he seems to accept baby has gone to heaven as it wasn't strong enough to grow big enough to get born but you never know with kids do you?!

If you got to the end of this, we'll done, it's just a rant/moan really at how unfair things are xx

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 23-May-13 05:36:49

Oh mrsg I'm so sorry. I am sure your son will be fine. I am certain no one is judging you at all for crying.

It is really unfair and I'm so sorry.

Quodlibet Thu 23-May-13 06:48:41

MrsG really sorry to hear your sad news. I had MMC in December discovered at my 12 wk scan so know how hard it can be.
Firstly it is really important to let yourself grieve. Don't try to swallow your feelings, pushing them down will just mean they persist for longer. You've had a terrible loss and it really is very hard. I don't think you ever quite understand how painful and profound a MC loss can be til you have one, but there are unfortunately a lot of us who have as it is so much more common than you realise, and you will find a lot of support over on the MC boards.
Secondly, from personal experience I had an ERPC and it was far less scary than I thought it would be, everyone in the hospital was wonderfully kind to me.
Wishing you lots of strength. Take care of yourself.

izchaz Thu 23-May-13 08:04:22

I wanted to post in support, but I can't add anything to what the ladies above have said. However you feel: sad/devastated/high/disconnected is fine, just give yourself time and care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now