Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

bored bored bored help help help

(6 Posts)
eleanorsmum Tue 23-May-06 21:34:44

hi my stepsister has been in hospital for four week, is 26 weeks preg tommorow and will be in until she has her baby (long story).
She is so bored bless her, doesn't want to read baby books for the obvious reason. anyone got any suggestions of what i can take her to 'do'? she has suduko, crosswords and crossstitch but what else is hospital friendly?

jamiesam Tue 23-May-06 21:38:10

Er, story tapes/cds and a ?(whatever you call walkman thingies these days!) - might be able to loan tapes/cds from library as buying new for the next 14 weeks might break the bank!

compo Tue 23-May-06 21:39:24

trashy magazines like Revela, Closer and Heat

moondog Tue 23-May-06 21:40:47

Oh God!
Poor woman..
Laptop a must then she can MN all day....
Misdee's dh has one I think

jamiesam Tue 23-May-06 21:59:13

Would you be able to connect to the world in hospital though???

MrsBadger Tue 23-May-06 22:07:11

iPod or similar cheaper mp3 player with a radio - rip her favourite cds to it plus some audio books (borrow some from lib as jamiesam suggests).

Or just library books and keep going to swap them for her - or just novels of yours she hasn't read. It's the constant swapping that's key.

Oh, and if she can't knit, now's a good time to learn - bonus baby clothes as a result too.

My sister was laid up for three weeks after a hip op - we bought her a secondhand Playstation from Cash Converters, and a couple of simple games. Went down a storm, esp the racing ones, and you can rent games from eg blockbuster. She did have a private room though - not sure how well a ward would have taken it...

Laptop def worth a go - even if she can't get online, she could at least watch dvds in bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: