Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best Maternity jeans for Tall, Curvy (big hipped) lass?

(20 Posts)
JanieLovesLuckySocks Wed 22-May-13 21:17:11

hi girls, so the hunt for maternity jeans has begun. i'm nearly 14 weeks and know that I'll need these soon. So i need a long leg and jeans that will go over my hips. Normally a curvy size16, tried on an 18 in H&M and they didn't go over my bum, tried a 16L in mamas and papas and they were falling down. am i going to have to resort to leggings and dresses?

Also looking for some linen trousers for the summer

Help!

xx

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Wed 22-May-13 21:57:30

Have you looked on the New Look website? I'm also tall and normally a 14 but I'm currently a 16. I got two pairs, one black skinny, and one blue bootcut and they were a bargain! I normally struggle with leg lengths but they were spot on. I also got my work trousers from there and they are all really comfy. grin

MistyKnight Wed 22-May-13 22:06:32

I can recommend the Next ones - I am 5'10 and size 18+ and am really pleased with them.

MistyKnight Wed 22-May-13 22:06:43

I can recommend the Next ones - I am 5'10 and size 18+ and am really pleased with them.

JanieLovesLuckySocks Wed 22-May-13 22:11:15

thanks for the advide girls. i'd read some dodgy reviews bout the new look ones but will defo have a look...if the price is right!!

thanks also fr the next tip, i forgot they did long length as well. did you buy your normal size misty or did you need to go up/down a size (i was surprised that mamas and papas jeans size were so generous but it did make me feel good about myself smile )

beckslovestimmy Wed 22-May-13 22:32:43

I liked the Dorothy Perkins skinny jeans, but I got them when I was about 30weeks they had a lovely big soft over the bump band, very comfortable, I wore these into hospital and was still in them when my waters broke! From 12-30 weeks I had a red herring pair from debenhams. H&M do good maternity leggings.

PurplePoppySeed Wed 22-May-13 23:43:58

I'm 5'10 and to be honest my new look skinny jeans aren't quite long enough. They were fine with boots, but I'm not so sure with trainers/shoes, my solution is cropped jeans for when it eventually warms up smile

lookingfoxy Thu 23-May-13 07:45:40

I found new look bootcut jeans ok, but the skinny ones just sort of slid down and wouldn't stay up.
I really don't have much hips or bum though and there wasn't really much extra room for them in that area which is why they suit me.
I find next baggy round my bum so maybe they're better for fit if your lucky enough to have a bum.
Im 5ft 11 and go for the 36 leg.

Ledkr Thu 23-May-13 07:56:17

I'm just about to put a pair in the charity shop that I wore they are gorgeous and I'm about the same size as you.
Dark wash straight leg soft bump band size 18 h and m.
Can have them if you make a donation to the smile train (dd had cleft palate)

JanieLovesLuckySocks Thu 23-May-13 09:35:10

ledkr that is so kind of you! thank you. sadly the h&m ones didn't seem to want to go over my hips when i tried them last night so someone else might be able to benefit more than me. thank you though, that was really kind. i will certainly keep the charity in mind.

next ones sound perfect lookingfoxy (especially if they were baggy around your bum, they'll probably love mine!!)

thanks everyone, xx

snickersnacker Thu 23-May-13 19:35:05

Go back to h&m and try another size up - everyone I know with h&m mama jeans has gone up 2 sizes from pre-pregnancy. Mine are a size 20; I'm six foot and a pre-pregnancy size 16.

Ledkr Thu 23-May-13 19:37:10

Yes I'd second that. I was a 14 pre preg and bought an 18 which lasted me until I was full term and measuring a whopping 47 wks.
I am famous for my big arse too grin

VinegarDrinker Thu 23-May-13 19:38:28

New Look for me (5'9" curvy size 14-16)

WhatILoved Fri 24-May-13 07:09:14

Try George by asda. Long length sizes available and sizing quite big and just 16 quid.

magpieC Fri 24-May-13 10:09:22

I've got a couple of pairs from funmum.com - I wanted over bump ones in a long leg, size 16/18 - and they're pretty comfy (on second pregnancy in them now :-) )

RememberingMyPFEs Fri 24-May-13 11:42:51

YY for Funmum.com - they do short (perfect for me) 'normal' and long lengths and are SUPER comfy!

GeppaGip Fri 24-May-13 14:13:22

New Look jeans are amazing and flattering on the curvier figure. go up to 34 inch for the long of leg and only 16 quid.

Nor sure whats up with h&m clothes. since i put on weight they just never fit right no matter what the size. used to shop rhere all the time as a size 10 sad

PixieBaby Sat 25-May-13 19:14:17

Hello - I am pear shaped and buying jeans is always a nightmare! I found that Gap maternity jeans give a great fit over a generous bottom. :-)

helterskelter99 Sat 25-May-13 20:27:23

Mamas & papas Jeggings I'm 5'10 & they were ok plus had adjustable waist

Yonionekanobe Sat 25-May-13 20:31:07

I lived in Next over bump (IMO under bump jeans are the work of the devil) during my last pregnancy. So comfy it was a bit of a shock going back to normal ones 6 months post partum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now